Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Myosin VI Antibody #9200
|9200S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9200||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Myosin VI Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total myosin VI protein. Based on sequence homology, the antibody is expected to detect all isoforms of myosin VI.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human myosin VI protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The myosin family of motor proteins drive ATP-dependent actin-based motility in eukaryotic cells and contain a conserved amino-terminal motor domain (reviewed in 1,2).
Myosin VI is an unconventional minus-end-directed myosin involved in the transport of vesicles and organelles within the cell, endocytosis, and organelle biogenesis (3-6). The movement of myosin VI and its cargo along actin filaments is unique among myosin family members in its mechanism; its tail domain structure allows it to take larger than predicted steps along the actin filament (reviewed in 1,7).
Myosin VI has been shown to regulate the polarized delivery of proteins to specialized subcellular locations, including the delivery of EGFR to the leading edge of migrating cells (8), as well as the delivery of specialized axonal proteins in neurons (9). Myosin VI has also been shown to mediate activity of the tumor suppressor p53 during DNA damage (10,11).
- Sweeney, H.L. and Houdusse, A. (2010) Cell 141, 573-82.
- Nambiar, R. et al. (2010) Cell Mol Life Sci 67, 1239-54.
- Bond, L.M. et al. (2011) Mol Biol Cell 22, 54-65.
- Aschenbrenner, L. et al. (2004) Mol Biol Cell 15, 2253-63.
- Loubéry, S. et al. (2012) Traffic 13, 665-80.
- Ameen, N. and Apodaca, G. (2007) Traffic 8, 998-1006.
- Spudich, J.A. and Sivaramakrishnan, S. (2010) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 11, 128-37.
- Chibalina, M.V. et al. (2010) Traffic 11, 1290-303.
- Lewis, T.L. et al. (2011) PLoS Biol 9, e1001021.
- Jung, E.J. et al. (2006) Mol Cell Biol 26, 2175-86.
- Cho, S.J. and Chen, X. (2010) J Biol Chem 285, 27159-66.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3402 Myosin Va Antibody
- 5144 Myosin II Isoform Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9776 Myosin Light Chain 2 Antibody Sampler Kit
- 5143 MYPT1 Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.