Product Pathways - DNA Damage
CtIP (D76F7) Rabbit mAb #9201
|W||H Mk||Endogenous||110||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CtIP (D76F7) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total CtIP protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human CtIP protein.
DNA damage checkpoints are critical for regulated repair of damaged DNA and genome maintenance. CtIP/RBBP8 (CtBP-interacting protein), initially characterized as a binding partner for the trancription factor CtBP, has emerged as a regulator of both cell cycle progression and repair of DNA double strand breaks (DSB). Along with the DSB-sensing MRN complex (MRE11-RAD50-NBS1), CtIP functions in the generation of single stranded DNA at DSBs, a process required for signaling to DNA repair machinery (reviewed in 1). CtIP is thought to be critical in the transition between sensing of DSBs and repair by homologous recombination (HR) (2,3).In addition to HR, DSBs can also be repaired through nonhomologous end joining (NHEJ), and CtIP has been shown to have a role in signaling to the NHEJ pathway independently of its function in DSB end resection (4).CtIP is also involved in cellular tolerence of topoisomerase inhibitors camptothecin and etoposide, which are used to treat cancer through their ability to introduce DSBs in cycling cells (5).
- You, Z. and Bailis, J.M. (2010) Trends Cell Biol 20, 402-9.
- You, Z. et al. (2009) Mol Cell 36, 954-69.
- Eid, W. et al. (2010) EMBO Rep 11, 962-8.
- Quennet, V. et al. (2010) Nucleic Acids Res, Epub ahead of print.
- Nakamura, K. et al. (2010) PLoS Genet 6, e1000828.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2873 ATM (D2E2) Rabbit mAb
- 5883 Phospho-ATM (Ser1981) (D6H9) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.