Product Pathways - Translational Control
Phospho-p70 S6 Kinase (Thr389) Antibody #9205
|9205L||300 µl (30 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9205S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9205||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||70, 85||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-p70 S6 Kinase (Thr389) Antibody detects endogenous levels of p70 S6 kinase only when phosphorylated at threonine 389. This antibody also detects p85 S6 kinase when phosphorylated at the analogous site (Thr412), and possibly S6KII phosphorylated at Thr401.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues around Thr389 of human p70 S6 kinase. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
p70 S6 kinase is a mitogen activated Ser/Thr protein kinase that is required for cell growth and G1 cell cycle progression (1,2). p70 S6 kinase phosphorylates the S6 protein of the 40S ribosomal subunit and is involved in translational control of 5' oligopyrimidine tract mRNAs (1). A second isoform, p85 S6 kinase, is derived from the same gene and is identical to p70 S6 kinase except for 23 extra residues at the amino terminus, which encode a nuclear localizing signal (1). Both isoforms lie on a mitogen activated signaling pathway downstream of phosphoinositide-3 kinase (PI-3K) and the target of rapamycin, FRAP/mTOR, a pathway distinct from the Ras/MAP kinase cascade (1). The activity of p70 S6 kinase is controlled by multiple phosphorylation events located within the catalytic, linker and pseudosubstrate domains (1). Phosphorylation of Thr229 in the catalytic domain and Thr389 in the linker domain are most critical for kinase function (1). Phosphorylation of Thr389, however, most closely correlates with p70 kinase activity in vivo (3). Prior phosphorylation of Thr389 is required for the action of phosphoinositide 3-dependent protein kinase 1 (PDK1) on Thr229 (4,5). Phosphorylation of this site is stimulated by growth factors such as insulin, EGF and FGF, as well as by serum and some G-protein-coupled receptor ligands, and is blocked by wortmannin, LY294002 (PI-3K inhibitor) and rapamycin (FRAP/mTOR inhibitor) (1,6,7). Ser411, Thr421 and Ser424 lie within a Ser-Pro-rich region located in the pseudosubstrate region (1). Phosphorylation at these sites is thought to activate p70 S6 kinase via relief of pseudosubstrate suppression (1,2). Another LY294002 and rapamycin sensitive phosphorylation site, Ser371, is an in vitro substrate for mTOR and correlates well with the activity of a partially rapamycin resistant mutant p70 S6 kinase (8).
- Pullen, N. and Thomas, G. (1997) FEBS Lett. 410, 78-82.
- Dufner, A. and Thomas, G. (1999) Exp. Cell Res. 253, 100-109.
- Weng, Q.P. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 16621-16629.
- Pullen, N. et al. (1998) Science 279, 707-710.
- Alessi, D.R. et al. (1998) Curr. Biol. 8, 69-81.
- Polakiewicz, R.D. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 23534-23541.
- Fingar, D.C. et al. (2002) Genes Dev. 16, 1472-1487.
- Saitoh, M. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 20104-20112.
- Aoki, M. et al. (2001) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 98, 136-141. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Giallourakis, C. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 29275-29282. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Valentinis, B. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 25451-25459. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Shioi, T. et al. (2000) EMBO J. 19, 2537-2548. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Feng, L. X. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 25572-25576. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Prieto, A.L. et al. (2007) Neuroscience 150, 319-34. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Wu, M. et al. (2010) Rejuvenation Res 13, 571-9. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Park, J.H. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 23132-41. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Ito, N. et al. (2011) Lab Invest 91, 1584-95. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Gao, D. et al. (2011) Mol Cell 44, 290-303. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Izumi, N. et al. (2012) Cancer Sci 103, 50-7. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2708 p70 S6 Kinase (49D7) Rabbit mAb
- 9203 p70 S6 Kinase Control Cell Extracts
- 9430 PhosphoPlus® p70 S6 Kinase (Thr389, Thr421/Ser424) Antibody Kit
- 9206 Phospho-p70 S6 Kinase (Thr389) (1A5) Mouse mAb
- 9234 Phospho-p70 S6 Kinase (Thr389) (108D2) Rabbit mAb
- 9204 Phospho-p70 S6 Kinase (Thr421/Ser424) Antibody
- 9202 p70 S6 Kinase Antibody
- 9208 Phospho-p70 S6 Kinase (Ser371) Antibody
- 4858 Phospho-S6 Ribosomal Protein (Ser235/236) (D57.2.2E) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9964 mTOR Pathway Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9864 mTOR Regulation Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9862 mTOR Substrates Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.