Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
PhosphoPlus® p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) Antibody Kit #9210
|Kit Includes||Quantity||Applications||Reactivity||MW (kDa)||Isotype|
|Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (D3F9) XP® Rabbit mAb #4511||200 µl||W IP IHC-P IF-IC F||H M R Mk Mi Pg Sc (Hm) (C) (Z) (B)||43||Rabbit IgG|
|p38 MAPK Antibody #9212||200 µl||W IHC-P IF-IC F||H M R Mk GP (C)||43||Rabbit|
|p38 MAPK Control Cell Extracts #9213||150 µl|
|Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody #7074||100 µl||Goat|
|Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody #7075||250 µl||Goat|
|Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack #7727||250 µl|
|20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide #7003||10 ml|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster Mk=Monkey C=Chicken Mi=Mink Z=Zebrafish B=Bovine Pg=Pig Sc=S. cerevisiae GP=Guinea Pig
Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-p38 MAPK Antibody detects phosphorylated threonine 180 and tyrosine 182 of p38 MAPK but does not appreciably cross-react with the corresponding phosphorylated forms of either p42/44 MAPK or SAPK/JNK.
Western blot analysis of extracts from COS and 293 cells, untreated or UV-treated, using Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (D3F9) XP® Rabbit mAb #4511 (upper) or p38 MAPK Antibody #9212 (lower).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma, showing nuclear and cytoplasmic localization, using p38 MAPK Antibody #9212.
Flow cytometric analysis of Jurkat cells, using p38 MAPK Antibody #9212 (blue) compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
The PhosphoPlus® p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) Antibody Kit provides reagents and protocols for the rapid analysis of the phosphorylation status of p38 MAPK at Thr180/Tyr182.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr180/Tyr182 of human p38 MAPK. Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human p38 MAPK (p38 MAP Kinase Antibody).
p38 MAP kinase (MAPK), also called RK (1) or CSBP (2), is the mammalian orthologue of the yeast HOG kinase that participates in a signaling cascade controlling cellular responses to cytokines and stress (1-4). Four isoforms of p38 MAPK, p38α, β, γ (also known as Erk6 or SAPK3), and δ (also known as SAPK4) have been identified. Similar to the SAPK/JNK pathway, p38 MAPK is activated by a variety of cellular stresses including osmotic shock, inflammatory cytokines, lipopolysaccharide (LPS), UV light, and growth factors (1-5). MKK3, MKK6, and SEK activate p38 MAPK by phosphorylation at Thr180 and Tyr182. Activated p38 MAPK has been shown to phosphorylate and activate MAPKAP kinase 2 (3) and to phosphorylate the transcription factors ATF-2 (5), Max (6), and MEF2 (5-8).SB203580 (4-(4-fluorophenyl)-2-(4-methylsulfinylphenyl)-5-(4-pyridyl)-imidazole) is a selective inhibitor of p38 MAPK. This compound inhibits the activation of MAPKAPK-2 by p38 MAPK and subsequent phosphorylation of HSP27 (9). SB203580 inhibits p38 MAPK catalytic activity by binding to the ATP-binding pocket, but does not inhibit phosphorylation of p38 MAPK by upstream kinases (10).
- Rouse, J. et al. (1994) Cell 78, 1027-1037.
- Han, J. et al. (1994) Science 265, 808-811.
- Lee, J.C. et al. (1994) Nature 372, 739-746.
- Freshney, N.W. et al. (1994) Cell 78, 1039-1049.
- Raingeaud, J. et al. (1995) J. Biol. Chem. 270, 7420-7426.
- Zervos, A.S. et al. (1995) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 92, 10531-10534.
- Zhao, M. et al. (1999) Mol. Cell. Biol. 19, 21-30.
- Yang, S.H. et al. (1999) Mol. Cell. Biol. 19, 4028-4038.
- Cuenda, A. et al. (1995) FEBS Lett 364, 229-33.
- Kumar, S. et al. (1999) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 263, 825-31.
- Liu, F. et al. (2002) GnRH activates ERK1/2 leading to the induction of c-fos and LHbeta protein expression in LbetaT2 cells. Mol. Endocrinol. 16, 419-434. Applications: Western Blotting
- Legos, J. J. et al. (2001) SB 239063, a novel p38 inhibitor, attenuates early neuronal injury following ischemia. Brain Research 892, 70-77. Applications: Western Blotting
- Watanabe, H. et al. (2001) Transcriptional Cross-talk between Smad, ERK1/2, andp38 Mitogen-activated Protein Kinase Pathways Regulates Transforming Growth Factor-beta -induced Aggrecan Gene Expression in ChondrogenicATDC5 Cells. Journal of Biological Chemistry 276, 14466-14473. Applications: Western Blotting
- De, A. K. et al. (2000) Exaggerated human monocyte IL-10 concomitant to minimal TNF-alpha induction by heat-shock protein 27 (Hsp27) suggests Hsp27 is primarily an antiinflammatory stimulus [In ProcessCitation]. Journal of Immunology 165, 3951-3958. Applications: Western Blotting
- Lee, Y. W. et al. (2000) 2-Amino-3-methylimidazo[4,5-f]quinoline inhibits nitric oxide production in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated RAW 264.7 cells by blocking p38 kinase activation. Cancer Lett. 156, 133-139. Applications: Western Blotting
- Griego, S. D. et al. (2000) Role of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase in rhinovirus-induced cytokine production by bronchial epithelial cells[In Process Citation]. Journal of Immunology 165, 5211-5220. Applications: Western Blotting
- Novitskaya, V. et al. (2000) Oligomeric forms of the metastasis related Mts1(S100A4) protein, stimulate neuronal differentiation in cultures of rat hippocampal neurons. Journal of Biological Chemistry , . Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9913 Phospho-p38 MAPK Pathway Sampler Kit
- 9213 p38 MAPK Control Cell Extracts
- 4511 Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (D3F9) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9215 Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (3D7) Rabbit mAb
- 2371 p38α MAPK (7D6) Rabbit mAb
- 9217 p38α MAPK (5F11) Mouse mAb
- 9228 p38α MAPK (L53F8) Mouse mAb
- 2339 p38β MAPK (C28C2) Rabbit mAb
- 2308 p38δ MAPK (10A8) Rabbit mAb
- 9216 Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (28B10) Mouse mAb
- 4631 Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (12F8) Rabbit mAb
- 2307 p38γ MAPK Antibody
- 9211 Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) Antibody
- 9212 p38 MAPK Antibody
- 9218 p38α MAPK Antibody
- 9214 p38δ MAPK Antibody
- 9219 Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) Mouse mAb (Sepharose Bead Conjugate)
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.