Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) Antibody #9211
|W IP IF-IC F||H M R Mk Dm Pg Sc||Endogenous||43||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey Dm=D. melanogaster Pg=Pig Sc=S. cerevisiae
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) Antibody detects endogenous levels of p38 MAPK only when activated by phosphorylation at threonine 180 and tyrosine 182. This antibody does not cross-react with the phosphorylated forms of either p42/44 MAPK or SAPK/JNK. It will also react with p38 singly phosphorylated at Thr180 and singly phosphorylated at Tyr182.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues around Thr180/Tyr182 of human p38 MAPK. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from C6 cells, untreated or anisomycin-treated, and NIH/3T3 cells, untreated or UV-treated, using Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) Antibody (upper) or p38 MAPK Antibody #9212 (lower).
Western blot analysis of extracts from UV-treated NIH/3T3 cells, using Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) Antibody (upper) or control p38 MAPK Antibody #9212 (lower).
Flow cytometric analysis of Jurkat cells, untreated (green) or anisomycin treated (blue), using Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) Antibody compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
p38 MAP kinase (MAPK), also called RK (1) or CSBP (2), is the mammalian orthologue of the yeast HOG kinase that participates in a signaling cascade controlling cellular responses to cytokines and stress (1-4). Four isoforms of p38 MAPK, p38α, β, γ (also known as Erk6 or SAPK3), and δ (also known as SAPK4) have been identified. Similar to the SAPK/JNK pathway, p38 MAPK is activated by a variety of cellular stresses including osmotic shock, inflammatory cytokines, lipopolysaccharide (LPS), UV light, and growth factors (1-5). MKK3, MKK6, and SEK activate p38 MAPK by phosphorylation at Thr180 and Tyr182. Activated p38 MAPK has been shown to phosphorylate and activate MAPKAP kinase 2 (3) and to phosphorylate the transcription factors ATF-2 (5), Max (6), and MEF2 (5-8).SB203580 (4-(4-fluorophenyl)-2-(4-methylsulfinylphenyl)-5-(4-pyridyl)-imidazole) is a selective inhibitor of p38 MAPK. This compound inhibits the activation of MAPKAPK-2 by p38 MAPK and subsequent phosphorylation of HSP27 (9). SB203580 inhibits p38 MAPK catalytic activity by binding to the ATP-binding pocket, but does not inhibit phosphorylation of p38 MAPK by upstream kinases (10).
- Rouse, J. et al. (1994) Cell 78, 1027-1037.
- Han, J. et al. (1994) Science 265, 808-811.
- Lee, J.C. et al. (1994) Nature 372, 739-746.
- Freshney, N.W. et al. (1994) Cell 78, 1039-1049.
- Raingeaud, J. et al. (1995) J. Biol. Chem. 270, 7420-7426.
- Zervos, A.S. et al. (1995) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 92, 10531-10534.
- Zhao, M. et al. (1999) Mol. Cell. Biol. 19, 21-30.
- Yang, S.H. et al. (1999) Mol. Cell. Biol. 19, 4028-4038.
- Cuenda, A. et al. (1995) FEBS Lett 364, 229-33.
- Kumar, S. et al. (1999) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 263, 825-31.
- Yang, P. et al. (2010) Nat Immunol 11, 487-94. Applications: Western Blotting
- Kawagoe, T. et al. (2008) Nat Immunol 9, 684-91. Applications: Western Blotting
- Herczenik, E. et al. (2007) Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 27, 1657-65. Applications: Western Blotting
- Zaru, R. et al. (2007) Nat Immunol 8, 1227-35. Applications: Western Blotting
- Hsu, J.T. et al. (2007) Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 292, H2982-7. Applications: Western Blotting
- Goss, V.L. et al. (2006) Blood 107, 4888-97. Applications: Western Blotting
- Matsumoto, M. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 45969-79. Applications: IF-IC (In Cells)
- Patrucco, E. et al. (2004) PI3Kgamma modulates the cardiac response to chronic pressure overload by distinct kinase-dependent and -independent effects. Cell 118, 375-387. Applications: Western Blotting
- Hata, K. et al. (2003) Differential roles of Smad1 and p38 kinase in regulation of peroxisome proliferator-activating receptor gamma during bone morphogenetic protein 2-induced adipogenesis. Mol. Biol. Cell 14, 545-555. Applications: Western Blotting
- Liu, F. et al. (2002) GnRH activates ERK1/2 leading to the induction of c-fos and LHbeta protein expression in LbetaT2 cells. Mol. Endocrinol. 16, 419-434. Applications: Western Blotting
- Xing, H. et al. (2000) 14-3-3 proteins block apoptosis and differentially regulate MAPK cascades. EMBO J. 19, 349-358. Applications: Western Blotting
- Villunger, A. et al. (2000) Fas ligand, Bcl-2, granulocyte colony-stimulating factor, and p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase: regulators of distinct cell death and survival pathways in granulocytes. J. Exp. Med. 192, 647-658. Applications: Western Blotting
- Lee, Y. W. et al. (2000) 2-Amino-3-methylimidazo[4,5-f] quinoline inhibits nitric oxide production in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated RAW 264. Cancer Lett. 156, 133-139. Applications: Western Blotting
- Uddin, S. et al. (2000) The Rac1/p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway is required for interferon alpha-dependent transcriptional activation but not serine phosphorylation of Stat proteins. J. Biol. Chem. 275, 27634-27640. Applications: Western Blotting
- Gonda, R.L. et al. (2012) PLoS One 7, e42369. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9913 Phospho-p38 MAPK Pathway Sampler Kit
- 9213 p38 MAPK Control Cell Extracts
- 4511 Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (D3F9) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9215 Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (3D7) Rabbit mAb
- 2371 p38α MAPK (7D6) Rabbit mAb
- 9217 p38α MAPK (5F11) Mouse mAb
- 9228 p38α MAPK (L53F8) Mouse mAb
- 2339 p38β MAPK (C28C2) Rabbit mAb
- 2308 p38δ MAPK (10A8) Rabbit mAb
- 9216 Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (28B10) Mouse mAb
- 4631 Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) (12F8) Rabbit mAb
- 2307 p38γ MAPK Antibody
- 9212 p38 MAPK Antibody
- 9218 p38α MAPK Antibody
- 9214 p38δ MAPK Antibody
- 9210 PhosphoPlus® p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) Antibody Kit
- 9219 Phospho-p38 MAPK (Thr180/Tyr182) Mouse mAb (Sepharose Bead Conjugate)
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.