Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
MKK3/MKK6 Control Cell Extracts #9233
Nonphosphorylated MKK3/MKK6 Control Cell Extracts: Total cell extracts from NIH/3T3 cells, prepared without treatment, serve as a negative control. Supplied in SDS Sample Buffer.Phosphorylated MKK3/MKK6 Control Cell Extracts: Total cell extracts from NIH/3T3 cells, prepared with UV light treatment, serve as a positive control. Supplied in SDS Sample Buffer.
As controls, CST recommends using 20 µl of phosphorylated and nonphosphorylated MKK3/MKK6 control cell extracts.
MKK3 and MKK6 are two closely related dual-specificity protein kinases that activate p38 MAP kinase (1-5). MKK3 and MKK6 both phosphorylate and activate p38 MAP kinase at its activation site, Thr-Gly-Tyr, but do not phosphorylate or activate Erk1/2 or SAPK/JNK. Phosphorylation of p38 MAP kinase dramatically stimulates its ability to phosphorylate protein substrates such as ATF-2 and Elk-1. MKK3 and MKK6 are both activated by different forms of cellular stress and inflammatory cytokines (4,5). Activation of MKK3 and MKK6 occurs through phosphorylation at Ser189 and Thr222 on MKK3 (2) and Ser207 and Thr211 on MKK6 (4,5).
- Derijard, B. et al. (1995) Science 267, 682-685.
- Raingeaud, J. et al. (1995) J. Biol. Chem. 270, 7420-7426.
- Sluss, H.K. et al. (1994) Mol. Cell. Biol. 14, 8376-8384.
- Raingeaud, J. et al. (1996) Mol. Cell. Biol. 16(3), 1247-1255.
- Han, J. et al. (1996) J. Biol. Chem. 271, 2886-2891.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9230 PhosphoPlus® MKK3/MKK6 (Ser189/207) Antibody Kit
- 9231 Phospho-MKK3 (Ser189)/MKK6 (Ser207) Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9238 MKK3b Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 9236 Phospho-MKK3 (Ser189)/MKK6 (Ser207) (22A8) Rabbit mAb
- 9264 MKK6 Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.