Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
IκBα Antibody #9242
|9242L||300 µl (30 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9242S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9242||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey, Bovine, Dog, Pig||Endogenous||39||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
IκBα Antibody detects endogenous levels of total IκBα protein. Under some experimental conditions it binds preferentially to IκBα that is not phosphorylated at Ser32/Ser36.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide surrounding Arg29 of human IκBα. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The NF-κB/Rel transcription factors are present in the cytosol in an inactive state complexed with the inhibitory IκB proteins (1-3). Activation occurs via phosphorylation of IκBα at Ser32 and Ser36 followed by proteasome-mediated degradation that results in the release and nuclear translocation of active NF-κB (3-7). IκBα phosphorylation and resulting Rel-dependent transcription are activated by a highly diverse group of extracellular signals including inflammatory cytokines, growth factors, and chemokines. Kinases that phosphorylate IκB at these activating sites have been identified (8).
- Baeuerle, P.A. and Baltimore, D. (1988) Science 242, 540-6.
- Beg, A.A. and Baldwin, A.S. (1993) Genes Dev 7, 2064-70.
- Finco, T.S. et al. (1994) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 91, 11884-8.
- Brown, K. et al. (1995) Science 267, 1485-8.
- Brockman, J.A. et al. (1995) Mol Cell Biol 15, 2809-18.
- Traenckner, E.B. et al. (1995) EMBO J 14, 2876-83.
- Chen, Z.J. et al. (1996) Cell 84, 853-62.
- Karin, M. and Ben-Neriah, Y. (2000) Annu Rev Immunol 18, 621-63.
- Bonnard, M. et al. (2000) EMBO J 19, 4976-85. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Burns, K. et al. (2000) Nat. Cell Biol. 2, 346-351. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Delehedde, M. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 33905-33910. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Hoeflich, K. P. et al. (2000) Nature 406, 86-90. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Todd, D. E. et al. (2004) Oncogene 23, 3284-3295. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Casciati, A. et al. (2002) J Neurochem 83, 1019-1029. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Cudejko, C. et al. (2011) Blood 118, 2556-66. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Shibata, Y. et al. (2012) Nat Commun 3, 1061. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Wehenkel, M. et al. (2012) Br J Cancer 107, 53-62. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2859 Phospho-IκBα (Ser32) (14D4) Rabbit mAb
- 9246 Phospho-IκBα (Ser32/36) (5A5) Mouse mAb
- 4812 IκBα (44D4) Rabbit mAb
- 4814 IκBα (L35A5) Mouse mAb (Amino-terminal Antigen)
- 9247 IκBα (112B2) Mouse mAb (Carboxy-terminal Antigen)
- 9248 IκBβ Antibody
- 4921 Phospho-IκBβ (Thr19/Ser23) Antibody (Human Specific)
- 4924 Phospho-IκBε (Ser18/22) Antibody
- 4764 NF-κB p65 (C22B4) Rabbit mAb
- 3033 Phospho-NF-κB p65 (Ser536) (93H1) Rabbit mAb
- 9243 NF-κB Control Cell Extracts
- 9936 NF-κB Pathway Sampler Kit
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.