Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
PhosphoPlus® SAPK/JNK (Thr183/Tyr185) Antibody Kit #9250
|Kit Includes||Quantity||Applications||Reactivity||MW (kDa)||Isotype|
|Phospho-SAPK/JNK (Thr183/Tyr185) Antibody #9251||200 µl||W IP IHC-P||H M R Hm Mk Dm B Sc (X)||46, 54||Rabbit|
|SAPK/JNK (56G8) Rabbit mAb #9258||200 µl||W||H M R Hm Mk Mi||46, 54||Rabbit IgG|
|Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody #7074||100 µl||Goat|
|Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody #7075||250 µl||Goat|
|20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide #7003||10 ml|
|Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack #7727||250 µl|
|SAPK/JNK Control Cell Extracts #9253||150 µl|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster Mk=Monkey Mi=Mink Dm=D. melanogaster X=Xenopus B=Bovine Sc=S. cerevisiae
Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-SAPK/JNK (Thr183/Tyr185) Antibody detects the dually phosphorylated isoforms of all three SAPKs/JNKs. Western analysis shows that this antibody does not cross-react with endogenous levels of the corresponding phosphorylated forms of p44/42 MAP Kinase or p38 MAP Kinase. However, because of the close homology between the active sites of SAPK/JNK and p44/42 MAP Kinase, larger amounts of phospho-p44/42 MAP Kinase may be detectable.
Phospho SAPK/JNK (Thr183/Tyr185) Antibody recognizes p54/p46 SAPK/JNK but not Erk1/2 or p38 MAPK. Western blot analysis of C6 cell extracts with and without anisomycin treatment, using Phospho-ERK1/2 Antibody #9101 (left), Phospho-SAPK/JNK Antibody #9251 (center) and Phospho-p38 MAPK Antibody #9211 (right).
The PhosphoPlus® SAPK/JNK (Thr183/Tyr185) Antibody Kit provides reagents and protocols for the rapid analysis of SAPK/JNK phosphorylation.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr183/Tyr185 of human SAPK/JNK. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a human JNK2/MBP fusion protein.
The stress-activated protein kinase/Jun-amino-terminal kinase SAPK/JNK is potently and preferentially activated by a variety of environmental stresses including UV and gamma radiation, ceramides, inflammatory cytokines, and in some instances, growth factors and GPCR agonists (1-6). As with the other MAPKs, the core signaling unit is composed of a MAPKKK, typically MEKK1-MEKK4, or by one of the mixed lineage kinases (MLKs), which phosphorylate and activate MKK4/7. Upon activation, MKKs phosphorylate and activate the SAPK/JNK kinase (2). Stress signals are delivered to this cascade by small GTPases of the Rho family (Rac, Rho, cdc42) (3). Both Rac1 and cdc42 mediate the stimulation of MEKKs and MLKs (3). Alternatively, MKK4/7 can be activated in a GTPase-independent mechanism via stimulation of a germinal center kinase (GCK) family member (4). There are three SAPK/JNK genes each of which undergoes alternative splicing, resulting in numerous isoforms (3). SAPK/JNK, when active as a dimer, can translocate to the nucleus and regulate transcription through its effects on c-Jun, ATF-2, and other transcription factors (3,5).
- Davis, R.J. (1999) Biochem Soc Symp 64, 1-12.
- Ichijo, H. (1999) Oncogene 18, 6087-93.
- Kyriakis, J.M. and Avruch, J. (2001) Physiol Rev 81, 807-69.
- Kyriakis, J.M. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 5259-62.
- Leppä, S. and Bohmann, D. (1999) Oncogene 18, 6158-62.
- Whitmarsh, A.J. and Davis, R.J. (1998) Trends Biochem Sci 23, 481-5.
- Watanabe, H. et al. (2001) Transcriptional cross-talk between Smad, ERK1/2, and p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase pathways regulates transforming growth factor-beta-induced aggrecan gene expression in chondrogenic ATDC5 cells. J. Biol. Chem. 276, 14466-14473. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9255 Phospho-SAPK/JNK (Thr183/Tyr185) (G9) Mouse mAb
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 4668 Phospho-SAPK/JNK (Thr183/Tyr185) (81E11) Rabbit mAb
- 4671 Phospho-SAPK/JNK (Thr183/Tyr185) (98F2) Rabbit mAb
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.