Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
Phospho-SAPK/JNK (Thr183/Tyr185) Antibody #9251
|9251L||600 µl (60 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9251S||200 µl (20 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9251||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Monkey, D. melanogaster, Bovine, S. cerevisiae||Endogenous||46, 54||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Xenopus.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-SAPK/JNK (Thr183/Tyr185) Antibody detects endogenous levels of p46 and p54 SAPK/JNK dually phosphorylated at threonine 183 and tyrosine 185. This antibody does not recognize unphosphorylated SAPK/JNK. This antibody may slightly cross-react with phospho-Erk1/2 or -p38 phosphorylated at the homologous residues.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr183/Tyr185 of human SAPK/JNK. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The stress-activated protein kinase/Jun-amino-terminal kinase SAPK/JNK is potently and preferentially activated by a variety of environmental stresses including UV and gamma radiation, ceramides, inflammatory cytokines, and in some instances, growth factors and GPCR agonists (1-6). As with the other MAPKs, the core signaling unit is composed of a MAPKKK, typically MEKK1-MEKK4, or by one of the mixed lineage kinases (MLKs), which phosphorylate and activate MKK4/7. Upon activation, MKKs phosphorylate and activate the SAPK/JNK kinase (2). Stress signals are delivered to this cascade by small GTPases of the Rho family (Rac, Rho, cdc42) (3). Both Rac1 and cdc42 mediate the stimulation of MEKKs and MLKs (3). Alternatively, MKK4/7 can be activated in a GTPase-independent mechanism via stimulation of a germinal center kinase (GCK) family member (4). There are three SAPK/JNK genes each of which undergoes alternative splicing, resulting in numerous isoforms (3). SAPK/JNK, when active as a dimer, can translocate to the nucleus and regulate transcription through its effects on c-Jun, ATF-2, and other transcription factors (3,5).
- Davis, R.J. (1999) Biochem Soc Symp 64, 1-12.
- Ichijo, H. (1999) Oncogene 18, 6087-93.
- Kyriakis, J.M. and Avruch, J. (2001) Physiol Rev 81, 807-69.
- Kyriakis, J.M. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 5259-62.
- Leppä, S. and Bohmann, D. (1999) Oncogene 18, 6158-62.
- Whitmarsh, A.J. and Davis, R.J. (1998) Trends Biochem Sci 23, 481-5.
- Yang, P. et al. (2010) Nat Immunol 11, 487-94. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Wu, M. et al. (2009) Diabetes Metab Res Rev 25, 279-86. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Arimoto, K. et al. (2008) Nat Cell Biol 10, 1324-32. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Lal, H. et al. (2008) J Mol Cell Cardiol 45, 770-8. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Lal, H. et al. (2007) J Mol Cell Cardiol 43, 137-47. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Xiao, G. G. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 50781-50790. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Shukla, A. et al. (2001) Cancer Res. 61, 1791-1795. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Kujime, K. et al. (2000) J. Immunol. 164, 3222-3228. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Weiss, L. et al. (2000) J. Exp. Med. 191, 139-146. Applications: Flow Cytometry.
- Rochat-Steiner, V. et al. (2000) J. Exp. Med. 192, 1165-1174. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Gonda, R.L. et al. (2012) PLoS One 7, e42369. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4668 Phospho-SAPK/JNK (Thr183/Tyr185) (81E11) Rabbit mAb
- 9252 SAPK/JNK Antibody
- 9253 SAPK/JNK Control Cell Extracts
- 9255 Phospho-SAPK/JNK (Thr183/Tyr185) (G9) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9250 PhosphoPlus® SAPK/JNK (Thr183/Tyr185) Antibody Kit
- 9258 SAPK/JNK (56G8) Rabbit mAb
- 9912 Phospho-SAPK/JNK Pathway Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.