Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
SAPK/JNK Antibody #9252
|9252L||600 µl (60 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9252S||200 µl (20 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9252||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Zebrafish, Bovine, S. cerevisiae||Endogenous||46, 54||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
SAPK/JNK Antibody detects endogenous levels of total SAPK/JNK protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant human JNK2 fusion protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The stress-activated protein kinase/Jun-amino-terminal kinase SAPK/JNK is potently and preferentially activated by a variety of environmental stresses including UV and gamma radiation, ceramides, inflammatory cytokines, and in some instances, growth factors and GPCR agonists (1-6). As with the other MAPKs, the core signaling unit is composed of a MAPKKK, typically MEKK1-MEKK4, or by one of the mixed lineage kinases (MLKs), which phosphorylate and activate MKK4/7. Upon activation, MKKs phosphorylate and activate the SAPK/JNK kinase (2). Stress signals are delivered to this cascade by small GTPases of the Rho family (Rac, Rho, cdc42) (3). Both Rac1 and cdc42 mediate the stimulation of MEKKs and MLKs (3). Alternatively, MKK4/7 can be activated in a GTPase-independent mechanism via stimulation of a germinal center kinase (GCK) family member (4). There are three SAPK/JNK genes each of which undergoes alternative splicing, resulting in numerous isoforms (3). SAPK/JNK, when active as a dimer, can translocate to the nucleus and regulate transcription through its effects on c-Jun, ATF-2, and other transcription factors (3,5).
- Davis, R.J. (1999) Biochem Soc Symp 64, 1-12.
- Ichijo, H. (1999) Oncogene 18, 6087-93.
- Kyriakis, J.M. and Avruch, J. (2001) Physiol Rev 81, 807-69.
- Kyriakis, J.M. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 5259-62.
- Leppä, S. and Bohmann, D. (1999) Oncogene 18, 6158-62.
- Whitmarsh, A.J. and Davis, R.J. (1998) Trends Biochem Sci 23, 481-5.
- Hutchins, E.J. and Szaro, B.G. (2013) J Neurosci 33, 14666-80. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Cui, H. et al. (2011) Biochem J , . Applications: Western Blotting.
- Turner, N.A. et al. (2009) Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 297, H1117-27. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Wu, M. et al. (2009) Diabetes Metab Res Rev 25, 279-86. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Lal, H. et al. (2008) J Mol Cell Cardiol 45, 770-8. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Lal, H. et al. (2007) J Mol Cell Cardiol 43, 137-47. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Xiao, G. G. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 50781-50790. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Banerjee, S. et al. (2002) J. Virol. 76, 5937-5948. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Dai, Y. et al. (2001) Cancer Res. 61, 5106-5115. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Chen, F. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 11414-11419. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Lee, E. G. et al. (2000) . Science 289, 2350-2354. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Brouard, S. et al. (2000) J. Exp. Med. 192, 1015-1026. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Park, Y. C. et al. (2000) . Cell 101, 777-787. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Hebert, S. S. et al. (2000) . J. Biol. Chem. 275, 32482-32490. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4668 Phospho-SAPK/JNK (Thr183/Tyr185) (81E11) Rabbit mAb
- 9251 Phospho-SAPK/JNK (Thr183/Tyr185) Antibody
- 9253 SAPK/JNK Control Cell Extracts
- 9255 Phospho-SAPK/JNK (Thr183/Tyr185) (G9) Mouse mAb
- 9258 SAPK/JNK (56G8) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9250 PhosphoPlus® SAPK/JNK (Thr183/Tyr185) Antibody Kit
- 9912 Phospho-SAPK/JNK Pathway Antibody Sampler Kit
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.