Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
MKK6 Antibody #9264
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||38||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
MKK6 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total MKK6 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human MKK6. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
MKK3 and MKK6 are two closely related dual-specificity protein kinases that activate p38 MAP kinase (1-5). MKK3 and MKK6 both phosphorylate and activate p38 MAP kinase at its activation site, Thr-Gly-Tyr, but do not phosphorylate or activate Erk1/2 or SAPK/JNK. Phosphorylation of p38 MAP kinase dramatically stimulates its ability to phosphorylate protein substrates such as ATF-2 and Elk-1. MKK3 and MKK6 are both activated by different forms of cellular stress and inflammatory cytokines (4,5). Activation of MKK3 and MKK6 occurs through phosphorylation at Ser189 and Thr222 on MKK3 (2) and Ser207 and Thr211 on MKK6 (4,5).
- Derijard, B. et al. (1995) Science 267, 682-685.
- Raingeaud, J. et al. (1995) J. Biol. Chem. 270, 7420-7426.
- Sluss, H.K. et al. (1994) Mol. Cell. Biol. 14, 8376-8384.
- Raingeaud, J. et al. (1996) Mol. Cell. Biol. 16(3), 1247-1255.
- Han, J. et al. (1996) J. Biol. Chem. 271, 2886-2891.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9231 Phospho-MKK3 (Ser189)/MKK6 (Ser207) Antibody
- 9233 MKK3/MKK6 Control Cell Extracts
- 9236 Phospho-MKK3 (Ser189)/MKK6 (Ser207) (22A8) Rabbit mAb
- 9238 MKK3b Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.