Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Fascin (D1A8) Rabbit mAb #9269
|9269S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9269||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Monkey||Endogenous||54||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Fascin (D1A8) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total fascin protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Arg201 of human fascin protein.
Fascin is a monomeric, globular protein that plays a central role in regulating the structure and function of the cortical actin cytoskeleton (1). Fascin promotes cross-linkage of parallel actin filaments during the formation of cell protrusions (lamellipodia and filopodia), and therefore plays an important role in regulating cell migration (2). It has been reported that fascin may also regulate filopodia formation by a mechanism independent of its actin-bundling functions (3), though less is known about this mechanism of action. Research studies have shown that increased fascin expression is associated with increased motility and invasiveness of neoplastic cells, including breast, colon, prostate, and esophageal squamous cell carcinomas (4-6). Fascin binds to the armadillo-repeat domain of β-catenin in vitro and in vivo, and has been shown to co-localize with β-catenin and cadherins at the leading edge of migratory cells (7).
- Hoelzle, M.K. and Svitkina, T. (2012) Mol Biol Cell 23, 310-23.
- Adams, J.C. (2004) Curr Opin Cell Biol 16, 590-6.
- Zanet, J. et al. (2012) J Cell Biol 197, 477-86.
- Hashimoto, Y. et al. (2005) Int J Biochem Cell Biol 37, 1787-804.
- Stewart, C.J. et al. (2012) J Clin Pathol 65, 213-7.
- Alam, H. et al. (2012) BMC Cancer 12, 32.
- Tao, Y.S. et al. (1996) J Cell Biol 134, 1271-81.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8480 β-Catenin (D10A8) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 8814 Non-phospho (Active) β-Catenin (Ser33/37/Thr41) (D13A1) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.