Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Bad Control Proteins #9293
|9293S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9293||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Nonphosphorylated Bad Control Proteins: Nonphosphorylated Bad peptide fusion serves as a negative control. Supplied in SDS Sample Buffer.
Phosphorylated Bad Control Proteins: Phosphorylated Bad peptide fusion serves as a positive control. Supplied in SDS Sample Buffer.
Directions For Use
As controls, we recommend using 10 µl of phosphorylated and nonphosphorylated Bad control proteins. Boil for 2 minutes prior to use.
Bad is a proapoptotic member of the Bcl-2 family that promotes cell death by displacing Bax from binding to Bcl-2 and Bcl-xL (1,2). Survival factors, such as IL-3, inhibit the apoptotic activity of Bad by activating intracellular signaling pathways that result in the phosphorylation of Bad at Ser112 and Ser136 (2). Phosphorylation at these sites promotes binding of Bad to 14-3-3 proteins to prevent an association between Bad with Bcl-2 and Bcl-xL (2). Akt phosphorylates Bad at Ser136 to promote cell survival (3,4). Bad is phosphorylated at Ser112 both in vivo and in vitro by p90RSK (5,6) and mitochondria-anchored PKA (7). Phosphorylation at Ser155 in the BH3 domain by PKA plays a critical role in blocking the dimerization of Bad and Bcl-xL (8-10).
- Yang, E. et al. (1995) Cell 80, 285-291.
- Zha, J. et al. (1996) Cell 87, 619-628.
- Datta, S.R. et al. (1997) Cell 91, 231-241.
- Peso, L. et al. (1997) Science 278, 687-689.
- Bonni, A. et al. (1999) Science 286, 1358-1362.
- Tan, Y. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 34859-34867.
- Harada, H. et al. (1999) Mol. Cell 3, 413-422.
- Tan, Y. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 25865-25869.
- Lizcano, J. et al. (2000) Biochem. J. 349, 547-557.
- Datta, S. et al. (2000) Mol. Cell 6, 41-51.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9291 Phospho-Bad (Ser112) Antibody
- 9292 Bad Antibody
- 9295 Phospho-Bad (Ser136) Antibody
- 9296 Phospho-Bad (Ser112) (7E11) Mouse mAb
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.