Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Phospho-Bad (Ser136) Antibody #9295
|9295S||200 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9295||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Human, Rat.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Bad (Ser136) Antibody detects transfected levels of Bad only when phosphorylated at Ser136. This antibody does not detect Bad phosphorylated at other sites, nor does it detect related family members.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser136 of mouse Bad. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293 cells transfected with Wild-type Bad, Bad (S112A), Bad (S136A) or Bad (S112A/S136A), untreated, TPA-treated or forskolin-treated, using Phospho-Bad (Ser112) Antibody #9291 (top), Phospho-Bad (Ser136) Antibody (middle) or Bad Antibody #9292 (bottom).
Bad is a proapoptotic member of the Bcl-2 family that promotes cell death by displacing Bax from binding to Bcl-2 and Bcl-xL (1,2). Survival factors, such as IL-3, inhibit the apoptotic activity of Bad by activating intracellular signaling pathways that result in the phosphorylation of Bad at Ser112 and Ser136 (2). Phosphorylation at these sites promotes binding of Bad to 14-3-3 proteins to prevent an association between Bad with Bcl-2 and Bcl-xL (2). Akt phosphorylates Bad at Ser136 to promote cell survival (3,4). Bad is phosphorylated at Ser112 both in vivo and in vitro by p90RSK (5,6) and mitochondria-anchored PKA (7). Phosphorylation at Ser155 in the BH3 domain by PKA plays a critical role in blocking the dimerization of Bad and Bcl-xL (8-10).
- Yang, E. et al. (1995) Cell 80, 285-291.
- Zha, J. et al. (1996) Cell 87, 619-628.
- Datta, S.R. et al. (1997) Cell 91, 231-241.
- Peso, L. et al. (1997) Science 278, 687-689.
- Bonni, A. et al. (1999) Science 286, 1358-1362.
- Tan, Y. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 34859-34867.
- Harada, H. et al. (1999) Mol. Cell 3, 413-422.
- Tan, Y. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 25865-25869.
- Lizcano, J. et al. (2000) Biochem. J. 349, 547-557.
- Datta, S. et al. (2000) Mol. Cell 6, 41-51.
- Jamieson, C.A. and Yamamoto, K.R. (2000) . Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 97, 7319-7324. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Laine, J. et al. (2000) . Mol. Cell 6, 395-407. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Yang, C. C. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 25872-25878. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Rusinol, A. E. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279, 1392-1399. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Tan, Y. et al. (1999) . J. Biol. Chem. 274, 34859-34867. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Gray, M.J. et al. (2008) J Natl Cancer Inst 100, 109-20. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Fujita, H. et al. (2005) Biochem Pharmacol 69, 1773-84. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5284 Phospho-Bad (Ser112) (40A9) Rabbit mAb
- 5286 Phospho-Bad (Ser136) (185D10) Rabbit mAb
- 9292 Bad Antibody
- 9293 Bad Control Proteins
- 9296 Phospho-Bad (Ser112) (7E11) Mouse mAb
- 9297 Phospho-Bad (Ser155) Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.