Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Phospho-Rb (Ser795) Antibody #9301
|9301S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9301P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9301||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||110||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Rb (Ser795) Antibody detects endogenous levels of Rb only when phosphorylated at Ser795. The antibody does not cross-react with Rb phosphorylated at other sites.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser795 of human Rb. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from human fibroblasts synchronized by serum deprivation, using Phospho-Rb (Ser795) Antibody. Cells were synchronized for 24 hours, then released by addition of serum and harvested at the times indicated. Cell cycle progression was verified by cyclin analysis and FACS. (Provided by John Boylan, Dupont/Merck, Delaware.)
The retinoblastoma tumor suppressor protein Rb regulates cell proliferation by controlling progression through the restriction point within the G1-phase of the cell cycle (1). Rb has three functionally distinct binding domains and interacts with critical regulatory proteins including the E2F family of transcription factors, c-Abl tyrosine kinase, and proteins with a conserved LXCXE motif (2-4). Cell cycle-dependent phosphorylation by a CDK inhibits Rb target binding and allows cell cycle progression (5). Rb inactivation and subsequent cell cycle progression likely requires an initial phosphorylation by cyclin D-CDK4/6 followed by cyclin E-CDK2 phosphorylation (6). Specificity of different CDK/cyclin complexes has been observed in vitro (6-8) and cyclin D1 is required for Ser780 phosphorylation in vivo (9).
- Sherr, C.J. (1996) Science 274, 1672-7.
- Nevins, J.R. (1992) Science 258, 424-9.
- Welch, P.J. and Wang, J.Y. (1993) Cell 75, 779-90.
- Hu, Q.J. et al. (1990) EMBO J 9, 1147-55.
- Knudsen, E.S. and Wang, J.Y. (1997) Mol Cell Biol 17, 5771-83.
- Lundberg, A.S. and Weinberg, R.A. (1998) Mol Cell Biol 18, 753-61.
- Connell-Crowley, L. et al. (1997) Mol Biol Cell 8, 287-301.
- Kitagawa, M. et al. (1996) EMBO J 15, 7060-9.
- Geng, Y. et al. (2001) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 98, 194-9.
- Chiariello, M. et al. (2000) Biochem. J. 349, 869-876. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Kretschmer, A. et al. (2003) Oncogene 22, 6748-6763. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Ortega, S. et al. (2003) Nat. Genetics 35, 25-31. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Huang, H. et al. (2004) Oncogene 23, 2161-2176. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Osuga, H. et al. (2000) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 97, 10254-10259. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin).
- Faenza, I. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 30520-30524. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Feng, L. X. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 25572-25576. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Hutt, J. A. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 29123-29131. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9307 Phospho-Rb (Ser780) Antibody
- 9308 Phospho-Rb (Ser807/811) Antibody
- 2181 Phospho-Rb (Ser608) Antibody
- 9309 Rb (4H1) Mouse mAb
- 9917 Cell Cycle/Checkpoint Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9303 Rb Control Proteins
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.