Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Phospho-Rb (Ser795) Antibody #9301
|W IP||H R Mk||Endogenous||110||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Rb (Ser795) Antibody detects endogenous levels of Rb only when phosphorylated at Ser795. The antibody does not cross-react with Rb phosphorylated at other sites.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser795 of human Rb. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from human fibroblasts synchronized by serum deprivation, using Phospho-Rb (Ser795) Antibody. Cells were synchronized for 24 hours, then released by addition of serum and harvested at the times indicated. Cell cycle progression was verified by cyclin analysis and FACS. (Provided by John Boylan, Dupont/Merck, Delaware.)
The retinoblastoma tumor suppressor protein, Rb, regulates cell proliferation by controlling progression through the restriction point within the G1-phase of the cell cycle (1). Rb has three functionally distinct binding domains and interacts with critical regulatory proteins including the E2F family of transcription factors, c-Abl tyrosine kinase, and proteins with a conserved LXCXE motif (2-4). Cell cycle-dependent phosphorylation by a CDK inhibits Rb target binding and allows cell cycle progression (5). Rb inactivation and subsequent cell cycle progression likely requires an initial phosphorylation by cyclin D-CDK4/6 followed by cyclin E-CDK2 phosphorylation (6). Specificity of different CDK/cyclin complexes has been observed in vitro (6-8) and cyclin D1 is required for Ser780 phosphorylation in vivo (9).
- Sherr, C.J. (1996) Science 274, 1672-7.
- Nevins, J.R. (1992) Science 258, 424-9.
- Welch, P.J. and Wang, J.Y. (1993) Cell 75, 779-90.
- Hu, Q.J. et al. (1990) EMBO J 9, 1147-55.
- Knudsen, E.S. and Wang, J.Y. (1997) Mol Cell Biol 17, 5771-83.
- Lundberg, A.S. and Weinberg, R.A. (1998) Mol Cell Biol 18, 753-61.
- Connell-Crowley, L. et al. (1997) Mol Biol Cell 8, 287-301.
- Kitagawa, M. et al. (1996) EMBO J 15, 7060-9.
- Geng, Y. et al. (2001) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 98, 194-9.
- Chiariello, M. et al. (2000) Regulation of cyclin-dependent kinase (Cdk) 2 Thr-160 phosphorylation and activity by mitogen-activated protein kinase in late G1 phase. Biochem. J. 349, 869-876. Applications: Western Blotting
- Kretschmer, A. et al. (2003) Differential regulation of TGF-beta signaling through Smad2, Smad3 and Smad4. Oncogene 22, 6748-6763. Applications: Western Blotting
- Ortega, S. et al. (2003) Cyclin-dependent kinase 2 is essential for meiosis but not for mitotic cell division in mice. Nat. Genetics 35, 25-31. Applications: Western Blotting
- Huang, H. et al. (2004) Androgens repress Bcl-2 expression via activation of the retinoblastoma (RB) protein in prostate cancer cells. Oncogene 23, 2161-2176. Applications: Western Blotting
- Osuga, H. et al. (2000) Cyclin-dependent kinases as a therapeutic target for stroke. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 97, 10254-10259. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin)
- Faenza, I. et al. (2000) A role for nuclear phospholipase c beta 1 in cellcycle control. J. Biol. Chem. 275, 30520-30524. Applications: Western Blotting
- Feng, L. X. et al. (2000) Stem cell factor/c-kit up-regulates cyclin D3 and promotes cell cycle progression via the phosphoinositide 3-kinase/p70S6 kinase pathway in Spermatogonia. J. Biol. Chem. 275, 25572-25576. Applications: Western Blotting
- Hutt, J. A. et al. (2000) Signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 activates CCAAT enhancer-binding protein delta gene transcription in G0 growth-arrested mouse mammary epithelial cells and in involuting mouse mammary gland. J. Biol. Chem. 275, 29123-29131. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9307 Phospho-Rb (Ser780) Antibody
- 9308 Phospho-Rb (Ser807/811) Antibody
- 2181 Phospho-Rb (Ser608) Antibody
- 9309 Rb (4H1) Mouse mAb
- 9917 Cell Cycle/Checkpoint Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9303 Rb Control Proteins
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.