Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Rb Control Proteins #9303
|9303S||10 blots||---||In Stock||---|
|9303||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Nonphosphorylated Rb-C Fusion Protein (5 µg/ml): Rb-C is expressed as a recombinant fusion protein of Rb residues 701–928 and maltose binding protein, serves as a negative control. Supplied in SDS Sample Buffer.
Phosphorylated Rb-C Fusion Protein (5 µg/ml): Prepared by in vitro kinase reaction with cdc2, serves as a positive control. Supplied in SDS Sample Buffer.
Directions For Use
These lysates are useful controls for total and Phospho-Rb antibodies. However, this truncated Rb recombinant protein is not recognized by Phospho-Rb (Ser608) Antibody #2181, Phospho-Rb (Ser608) (D10F2) RmAb #8147, or Rb (D20) Rabbit mAb #9313.
The retinoblastoma tumor suppressor protein Rb regulates cell proliferation by controlling progression through the restriction point within the G1-phase of the cell cycle (1). Rb has three functionally distinct binding domains and interacts with critical regulatory proteins including the E2F family of transcription factors, c-Abl tyrosine kinase, and proteins with a conserved LXCXE motif (2-4). Cell cycle-dependent phosphorylation by a CDK inhibits Rb target binding and allows cell cycle progression (5). Rb inactivation and subsequent cell cycle progression likely requires an initial phosphorylation by cyclin D-CDK4/6 followed by cyclin E-CDK2 phosphorylation (6). Specificity of different CDK/cyclin complexes has been observed in vitro (6-8) and cyclin D1 is required for Ser780 phosphorylation in vivo (9).
- Sherr, C.J. (1996) Science 274, 1672-7.
- Nevins, J.R. (1992) Science 258, 424-9.
- Welch, P.J. and Wang, J.Y. (1993) Cell 75, 779-90.
- Hu, Q.J. et al. (1990) EMBO J 9, 1147-55.
- Knudsen, E.S. and Wang, J.Y. (1997) Mol Cell Biol 17, 5771-83.
- Lundberg, A.S. and Weinberg, R.A. (1998) Mol Cell Biol 18, 753-61.
- Connell-Crowley, L. et al. (1997) Mol Biol Cell 8, 287-301.
- Kitagawa, M. et al. (1996) EMBO J 15, 7060-9.
- Geng, Y. et al. (2001) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 98, 194-9.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9301 Phospho-Rb (Ser795) Antibody
- 9307 Phospho-Rb (Ser780) Antibody
- 9308 Phospho-Rb (Ser807/811) Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9309 Rb (4H1) Mouse mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.