Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
hnRNP A2/B1 (2A2) Mouse mAb #9304
|W F||H Mk||Endogenous||34 to 36||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
hnRNP A2/B1 (2A2) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total hnRNP A2/B1 proteins. This antibody does not cross-react with other proteins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a human hnRNP B1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using hnRNP A2/B1 (2A2) Mouse mAb.
Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein A2/B1 (hnRNP A2/B1) is a member of the hnRNP A/B family of related RNA binding proteins that bind pre-mRNA and are involved in the processing, metabolism and transport of nuclear pre-mRNA transcripts (1). Alternative splicing produces transcripts that encode two homologous hnRNP proteins, hnRNPA2 and hnRNPB1, from a single gene sequence (2). Studies demonstrate hnRNP A2/B1 splicing repression across multiple targets (3,4) and that both proteins can bind and protect telomere repeat sequences from DNase digestion (5,6). Altered expression of hnRNP B1 is seen in several forms of cancer, including squamous cell carcinoma, adenocarcinoma, and various forms of lung cancer (7). Over expression of hnRNP B1 may be associated with inhibition of DNA-PK activity and impaired DNA repair during early stages of cancer development (8). Autoantigens to hnRNP A2/B1 (termed RA33) are associated with rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythromatosus and mixed connective tissue disease (9-11).
- Myer, V.E. and Steitz, J.A. (1995) RNA 1, 171-82.
- Kozu, T. et al. (1995) Genomics 25, 365-71.
- Clower, C.V. et al. (2010) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107, 1894-9.
- Moran-Jones, K. et al. (2009) Cancer Res 69, 9219-27.
- Moran-Jones, K. et al. (2005) Nucleic Acids Res 33, 486-96.
- Kamma, H. et al. (2001) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 280, 625-30.
- Hamasaki, M. et al. (2001) Anticancer Res 21, 979-84.
- Iwanaga, K. et al. (2005) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 333, 888-95.
- Fritsch, R. et al. (2002) J Immunol 169, 1068-76.
- Fritsch-Stork, R. et al. (2006) Arthritis Res Ther 8, R118.
- Skriner, K. et al. (1997) J Clin Invest 100, 127-35.
- Li, F. et al. (2011) PLoS One 6, e21977. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.