Product Pathways - Jak/Stat Pathway
Phospho-Stat5 (Tyr694) (C71E5) Rabbit mAb #9314
|W IHC-P IF-IC F||H M (R) (Mk) (B)||Endogenous||90||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey B=Bovine
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
* Product-specific protocol.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Stat5 (Tyr694) (C71E5) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of Stat5a only when phosphorylated at Tyr694 and Stat5b when phosphorylated at Tyr699.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr694 of Stat5.
Western blot analysis of extracts from K562, untreated or treated with Gleevec for 1 hour, using Phospho-Stat5 (Tyr694) (C71E5) Rabbit mAb (upper) or Stat5 Antibody #9310 (lower).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using Phospho-Stat5 (Tyr694) (C71E5) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis using Phospho-Stat5 (Tyr694) (C71E5) Rabbit mAb on SignalSlide® Phospho-Stat1/3/5 IHC Controls #8105 (paraffin-embedded HeLa cell pellets, untreated (left), treated with Human Interferon-α1 (hIFN-α1) #8927 (middle), or treated with Human Epidermal Growth Factor (hEGF) #8916 (right).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded K562 cell pellets control (left) or STI-571-treated (right) using Phospho-Stat5 (Tyr694) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using Phospho-Stat5 (Tyr694) (C71E5) Rabbit mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of K562 cells, Gleevec-treated (blue) or untreated (green), using Phospho-Stat5 (Tyr694) (C71E5) Rabbit mAb.
Stat5 is activated in response to a wide variety of ligands including IL-2, GM-CSF, growth hormone and prolactin. Phosphorylation at Tyr694 is obligatory for Stat5 activation (1,2). This phosphorylation is mediated by Src upon erythropoietin stimulation (3). Stat5 is constitutively active in some leukemic cell types (4). Phosphorylated Stat5 is found in some endothelial cells treated with IL-3, which suggests its involvement in angiogenesis and cell motility (5). Stat5a and Stat5b are independently regulated and activated in various cell types. For instance, interferon treatment predominantly activates Stat5a in U-937 cells and Stat5b in HeLa cells (6).
- Gouilleux, F. et al. (1994) EMBO J. 13, 4361-4369.
- Wakao, H. et al. (1994) EMBO J. 13, 2182-2191.
- Okutani, Y. et al. (2001) Oncogene 20, 6643-6650.
- Demoulin, J.B. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 25855-25861.
- Dentelli, P. et al. (1999) J. Immunol. 163, 2151-2159.
- Meinke, A. et al. (1996) Mol. Cell. Biol. 16, 6937-6944.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9359 Phospho-Stat5 (Tyr694) (C11C5) Rabbit mAb
- 9351 Phospho-Stat5 (Tyr694) Antibody
- 9358 Stat5 (3H7) Rabbit mAb
- 9353 Stat5 Control Cell Extracts
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8105 SignalSlide® Phospho-Stat1/3/5 IHC Controls
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.