Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
GSK-3β (27C10) Rabbit mAb #9315
|W IP IHC-P||H M R Mk||Endogenous||46||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
GSK-3β (27C10) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total GSK-3β protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human GSK-3β.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa, NIH/3T3, COS, C6 and 293 cells using GSK-3β (27C10) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma, showing cytoplasmic and nuclear localization using GSK-3β (27C10) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using GSK-3β (27C10) Rabbit mAb.
Glycogen synthase kinase-3 (GSK-3) was initially identified as an enzyme that regulates glycogen synthesis in response to insulin (1). GSK-3 is a ubiquitously expressed serine/threonine protein kinase that phosphorylates and inactivates glycogen synthase. GSK-3 is a critical downstream element of the PI3K/Akt cell survival pathway whose activity can be inhibited by Akt-mediated phosphorylation at Ser21 of GSK-3α and Ser9 of GSK-3β (2,3). GSK-3 has been implicated in the regulation of cell fate in Dictyostelium and is a component of the Wnt signaling pathway required for Drosophila, Xenopus, and mammalian development (4). GSK-3 has been shown to regulate cyclin D1 proteolysis and subcellular localization (5).
- Welsh, G.I. et al. (1996) Trends Cell. Biol. 6, 274-279.
- Srivastava, A.K. and Pandey, S.K. (1998) Mol. Cell. Biochem. 182, 135-141.
- Cross, D.A. et al. (1995) Nature 378, 785-789.
- Nusse, R. (1997) Cell 89, 321-323.
- Diehl, J.A. et al. (1998) Genes Dev. 12, 3499-3511.
- Laguë, M.N. et al. (2008) Carcinogenesis 29, 2062-72. Applications: Western Blotting
- Guertin, D.A. et al. (2009) Cancer Cell 15, 148-59. Applications: Western Blotting
- Wu, M. et al. (2009) PLoS One 4, e6430. Applications: Western Blotting
- Wang, J. et al. (2009) J Histochem Cytochem 57, 363-71. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin)
- Perez-Costas, E. et al. (2010) PLoS One 5, e8911. Applications: Immunological Electron Microscopy
- Sawitzky, M. et al. (2012) PLoS One 7, e39711. Applications: Western Blotting
- Green, H.F. and Nolan, Y.M. (2012) Transl Psychiatry 2, e194. Applications: Western Blotting
- Green, H.F. and Nolan, Y.M. (2012) Neurochem Int 61, 666-71. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9832 GSK-3β (3D10) Mouse mAb
- 9316 Phospho-GSK-3α (Ser21) (36E9) Rabbit mAb
- 9323 Phospho-GSK-3β (Ser9) (5B3) Rabbit mAb
- 9327 Phospho-GSK-3α/β (Ser21/9) (37F11) Rabbit mAb (GSK-3α Preferred)
- 9338 GSK-3α Antibody
- 1073 GSK-3β Blocking Peptide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
Rabbit Monoclonals Produced Using Epitomics® Technology, U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.