Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
GSK-3β (27C10) Rabbit mAb #9315
|9315L||300 µl (30 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9315S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9315P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9315||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||46||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Specificity / Sensitivity
GSK-3β (27C10) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total GSK-3β protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human GSK-3β.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa, NIH/3T3, COS, C6 and 293 cells using GSK-3β (27C10) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma, showing cytoplasmic and nuclear localization using GSK-3β (27C10) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using GSK-3β (27C10) Rabbit mAb.
Glycogen synthase kinase-3 (GSK-3) was initially identified as an enzyme that regulates glycogen synthesis in response to insulin (1). GSK-3 is a ubiquitously expressed serine/threonine protein kinase that phosphorylates and inactivates glycogen synthase. GSK-3 is a critical downstream element of the PI3K/Akt cell survival pathway whose activity can be inhibited by Akt-mediated phosphorylation at Ser21 of GSK-3α and Ser9 of GSK-3β (2,3). GSK-3 has been implicated in the regulation of cell fate in Dictyostelium and is a component of the Wnt signaling pathway required for Drosophila, Xenopus, and mammalian development (4). GSK-3 has been shown to regulate cyclin D1 proteolysis and subcellular localization (5).
- Laguë, M.N. et al. (2008) Carcinogenesis 29, 2062-72. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Guertin, D.A. et al. (2009) Cancer Cell 15, 148-59. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Wu, M. et al. (2009) PLoS One 4, e6430. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Wang, J. et al. (2009) J Histochem Cytochem 57, 363-71. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin).
- Perez-Costas, E. et al. (2010) PLoS One 5, e8911. Applications: Immunological Electron Microscopy.
- Sawitzky, M. et al. (2012) PLoS One 7, e39711. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Green, H.F. and Nolan, Y.M. (2012) Transl Psychiatry 2, e194. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Green, H.F. and Nolan, Y.M. (2012) Neurochem Int 61, 666-71. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Caron, M.A. et al. (2013) PLoS One 8, e66433. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9832 GSK-3β (3D10) Mouse mAb
- 9316 Phospho-GSK-3α (Ser21) (36E9) Rabbit mAb
- 9323 Phospho-GSK-3β (Ser9) (5B3) Rabbit mAb
- 9327 Phospho-GSK-3α/β (Ser21/9) (37F11) Rabbit mAb (GSK-3α Preferred)
- 9338 GSK-3α Antibody
- 1073 GSK-3β Blocking Peptide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patents No. 5,675,063 and 7,429,487) from Epitomics, Inc.