Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
Phospho-GSK-3-beta (Ser9) (D3A4) Rabbit mAb #9322
|9322S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9322||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||46||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-GSK-3-beta (Ser9) (D3A4) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of GSK-3-beta only when phosphorylated at Ser9.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues around Ser9 of human GSK-3-beta.
Western blot analysis of extracts from NIH/3T3 cells, lambda-phosphatase or PDGF-treated, using Phospho-GSK-3-beta (Ser9) (D3A4) Rabbit mAb (upper) or GSK-3-beta (27C10) Rabbit mAb #9315 (lower).
Western blot analysis of extracts from PDGF-treated wild-type, GSK-3-alpha (-/-) and GSK-3-beta (-/-) mouse embryonic fibroblasts (MEFs) using Phospho-GSK-3-beta (Ser9) (D3A4) Rabbit mAb (upper) and GSK-3-alpha/beta Antibody (lower). (MEF wild-type, GSK-3-alpha (-/-) and GSK-3-beta (-/-) cells were kindly provided by Dr. Jim Woodgett, University of Toronto, Canada).
Glycogen synthase kinase-3 (GSK-3) was initially identified as an enzyme that regulates glycogen synthesis in response to insulin (1). GSK-3 is a ubiquitously expressed serine/threonine protein kinase that phosphorylates and inactivates glycogen synthase. GSK-3 is a critical downstream element of the PI3K/Akt cell survival pathway whose activity can be inhibited by Akt-mediated phosphorylation at Ser21 of GSK-3α and Ser9 of GSK-3β (2,3). GSK-3 has been implicated in the regulation of cell fate in Dictyostelium and is a component of the Wnt signaling pathway required for Drosophila, Xenopus, and mammalian development (4). GSK-3 has been shown to regulate cyclin D1 proteolysis and subcellular localization (5).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9316 Phospho-GSK-3α (Ser21) (36E9) Rabbit mAb
- 9327 Phospho-GSK-3α/β (Ser21/9) (37F11) Rabbit mAb (GSK-3α Preferred)
- 9338 GSK-3α Antibody
- 9315 GSK-3β (27C10) Rabbit mAb
- 9270 PhosphoPlus® Akt (Ser473) Antibody Kit
- 9916 Phospho-Akt Pathway Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 8213 PhosphoPlus® GSK-3β (Ser9) Antibody Duet
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.