Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
Phospho-p90RSK (Ser380) Antibody #9341
|W IP||H M R Mk (Hm) (Dg)||Endogenous||90||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster Mk=Monkey Dg=Dog
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-p90RSK (Ser380) Antibody detects endogenous levels of p90RSK only when phosphorylated at Ser380. This antibody does not recognize p90RSK phosphorylated at other sites. It shows some cross-reactivity with RSK2 and RSK3 when phosphorylated at the homologous serine residues.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser380 of human p90RSK. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The 90 kDa ribosomal S6 kinases (RSK1-4) are a family of widely expressed Ser/Thr kinases characterized by two nonidentical, functional kinase domains (1) and a carboxy-terminal docking site for extracellular signal-regulated kinases (ERKs) (2). Several sites both within and outside of the RSK kinase domain, including Ser380, Thr359, Ser363, and Thr573, are important for kinase activation (3). RSK1-3 are activated via coordinated phosphorylation by MAPKs, autophosphorylation, and phosphoinositide-3-OH kinase (PI3K) in response to many growth factors, polypeptide hormones, and neurotransmitters (3).
- Fisher, T.L. and Blenis, J. (1996) Mol Cell Biol 16, 1212-9.
- Smith, J.A. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 2893-8.
- Dalby, K.N. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 1496-505.
- Zaru, R. et al. (2007) Nat Immunol 8, 1227-35. Applications: Western Blotting
- Hans, A. (2001) Borna disease virus persistent infection activates mitogen-activated protein kinase and blocks neuronal differentiation of pc12 cells. J. Biol. Chem. 276, 7258-7265. Applications: Western Blotting
- Delehedde, M. et al. (2000) Fibroblast growth factor-2 stimulation of p42/44MAPK phosphorylation and IkappaB degradation is regulated by heparan Sulfate/Heparin in rat mammary fibroblasts. J. Biol. Chem. 275, 33905-33910. Applications: Western Blotting
- Majka, M. et al. (2000) Stromal-derived factor 1 and thrombopoietin regulate distinct aspects of human megakaryopoiesis. Blood 96, 4142-4151. Applications: Western Blotting
- Tomas-Zuber, M. et al. (2000) Control sites of ribosomal S6 kinase B and persistent activation through tumor necrosis factor. J. Biol. Chem. 275, 23549-23558. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9326 p90RSK Antibody Sampler Kit
- 3556 Phospho-RSK2 (Ser227) (D53A11) Rabbit mAb
- 9335 Phospho-p90RSK (Ser380) (9D9) Rabbit mAb
- 9355 RSK1/RSK2/RSK3 (32D7) Rabbit mAb
- 9333 RSK1 Antibody
- 9340 RSK2 Antibody
- 9343 RSK3 Antibody
- 9344 Phospho-p90RSK (Thr359/Ser363) Antibody
- 9346 Phospho-p90RSK (Thr573) Antibody
- 9347 RSK1/RSK2/RSK3 Antibody
- 9348 Phospho-RSK3 (Thr356/Ser360) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.