Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
RSK3 Antibody #9343
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
RSK3 Antibody detects transfected levels of RSK3 protein. It does not cross-react with the RSK1 or RSK2 isoforms.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro709 of human RSK3. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of purified RSK1, RSK2 and RSK3 proteins using RSK1 Antibody #9333 (upper), RSK2 Antibody #9340 (middle) or RSK3 Antibody (lower).
The 90 kDa ribosomal S6 kinases (RSK1-4) are a family of widely expressed Ser/Thr kinases characterized by two nonidentical, functional kinase domains (1) and a carboxy-terminal docking site for extracellular signal-regulated kinases (ERKs) (2). Several sites both within and outside of the RSK kinase domain, including Ser380, Thr359, Ser363, and Thr573, are important for kinase activation (3). RSK1-3 are activated via coordinated phosphorylation by MAPKs, autophosphorylation, and phosphoinositide-3-OH kinase (PI3K) in response to many growth factors, polypeptide hormones, and neurotransmitters (3).
Unlike other RSK isoforms, the N-terminal region of RSK3 contains a putative nuclear localization signal and the kinase translocates to the nucleus in serum-starved HeLa cells (4). RSK3 is expressed ubiquitously in human tissues and localizes to developing neural and sensory areas in the mouse (5). Altered expression and mutations in the corresponding gene are associated with breast cancer and in some cancer cell lines, suggesting a possible role for this kinase as a tumor suppressor (6).
- Fisher, T.L. and Blenis, J. (1996) Mol Cell Biol 16, 1212-9.
- Smith, J.A. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 2893-8.
- Dalby, K.N. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 1496-505.
- Zhao, Y. et al. (1995) Mol Cell Biol 15, 4353-63.
- Zeniou, M. et al. (2002) Hum Mol Genet 11, 2929-40.
- Bignone, P.A. et al. (2007) Oncogene 26, 683-700.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9326 p90RSK Antibody Sampler Kit
- 3556 Phospho-RSK2 (Ser227) (D53A11) Rabbit mAb
- 9335 Phospho-p90RSK (Ser380) (9D9) Rabbit mAb
- 9355 RSK1/RSK2/RSK3 (32D7) Rabbit mAb
- 9333 RSK1 Antibody
- 9340 RSK2 Antibody
- 9341 Phospho-p90RSK (Ser380) Antibody
- 9344 Phospho-p90RSK (Thr359/Ser363) Antibody
- 9346 Phospho-p90RSK (Thr573) Antibody
- 9347 RSK1/RSK2/RSK3 Antibody
- 9348 Phospho-RSK3 (Thr356/Ser360) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.