Product Pathways - Jak/Stat Pathway
PhosphoPlus® Stat5 (Tyr694) Antibody Kit #9350
|Kit Includes||Quantity||Applications||Reactivity||MW (kDa)||Isotype|
|Stat5 Antibody #9363||100 µl||W IP ChIP||H M R Mk||90||Rabbit|
|Phospho-Stat5 (Tyr694) Antibody #9351||100 µl||W F ChIP||H M (R) (B)||90||Rabbit|
|Stat5 Control Cell Extracts #9353||100 µl||Human|
|Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody #7074||100 µl||Goat|
|Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody #7075||100 µl||Goat|
|Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack #7727||100 µl|
|20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide #7003||5 ml each|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey B=Bovine
Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Stat5 (Tyr694) Antibody detects endogenous levels of Stat5a only when phosphorylated at Tyr694 and Stat5b when phosphorylated at Tyr699. This antibody does not cross-react with the corresponding phospho-tyrosine residues of other Stat proteins, but does cross-react with EGFR. Stat5 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Stat5a and Stat5b.
The PhosphoPlus® Stat5 (Tyr694) Antibody Kit provides reagents and protocols for the rapid analysis of the phosphorylation status of Stat5a at Tyr694 and Stat5b at Tyr699.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues around Tyr694 of mouse Stat5a (Phospho-Stat5 (Tyr694) Antibody) or a synthetic peptide corresponding to an amino-terminal region of Stat5. Antibodies were purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Stat5 is activated in response to a wide variety of ligands including IL-2, GM-CSF, growth hormone and prolactin. Phosphorylation at Tyr694 is obligatory for Stat5 activation (1,2). This phosphorylation is mediated by Src upon erythropoietin stimulation (3). Stat5 is constitutively active in some leukemic cell types (4). Phosphorylated Stat5 is found in some endothelial cells treated with IL-3, which suggests its involvement in angiogenesis and cell motility (5). Stat5a and Stat5b are independently regulated and activated in various cell types. For instance, interferon treatment predominantly activates Stat5a in U-937 cells and Stat5b in HeLa cells (6).
- Gouilleux, F. et al. (1994) EMBO J. 13, 4361-4369.
- Wakao, H. et al. (1994) EMBO J. 13, 2182-2191.
- Okutani, Y. et al. (2001) Oncogene 20, 6643-6650.
- Demoulin, J.B. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 25855-25861.
- Dentelli, P. et al. (1999) J. Immunol. 163, 2151-2159.
- Meinke, A. et al. (1996) Mol. Cell. Biol. 16, 6937-6944.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9356 Phospho-Stat5 (Tyr694) (14H2) Mouse mAb
- 9131 Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) Antibody
- 9171 Phospho-Stat1 (Tyr701) Antibody
- 9361 Phospho-Stat6 (Tyr641) Antibody
- 9145 Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) (D3A7) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9130 PhosphoPlus® Stat3 (Tyr705) Antibody Kit
- 9170 PhosphoPlus® Stat1 (Tyr701) Antibody Kit
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.