Product Pathways - Jak/Stat Pathway
Stat5 Control Cell Extracts #9353
|9353S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Nonphosphorylated Stat5 Cell Extracts: Total cell extracts from serum-starved HeLa cells prepared without treatment serve as a negative control. Supplied in SDS Sample Buffer. Store at -20oC.
Phosphorylated Stat5 Cell Extracts: Total cell extracts from serum-starved HeLa cells prepared with IFN-alpha treatment serve as a positive control. Supplied in SDS Sample Buffer. Store at -20oC.
Western Blots: As controls, CST recommends using 10 ul of phosphorylated and nonphosphorylated Stat5 extracts.
Stat5 is activated in response to a wide variety of ligands including IL-2, GM-CSF, growth hormone and prolactin. Phosphorylation at Tyr694 is obligatory for Stat5 activation (1,2). This phosphorylation is mediated by Src upon erythropoietin stimulation (3). Stat5 is constitutively active in some leukemic cell types (4). Phosphorylated Stat5 is found in some endothelial cells treated with IL-3, which suggests its involvement in angiogenesis and cell motility (5). Stat5a and Stat5b are independently regulated and activated in various cell types. For instance, interferon treatment predominantly activates Stat5a in U-937 cells and Stat5b in HeLa cells (6).
- Gouilleux, F. et al. (1994) EMBO J. 13, 4361-4369.
- Wakao, H. et al. (1994) EMBO J. 13, 2182-2191.
- Okutani, Y. et al. (2001) Oncogene 20, 6643-6650.
- Demoulin, J.B. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 25855-25861.
- Dentelli, P. et al. (1999) J. Immunol. 163, 2151-2159.
- Meinke, A. et al. (1996) Mol. Cell. Biol. 16, 6937-6944.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9351 Phospho-Stat5 (Tyr694) Antibody
- 9356 Phospho-Stat5 (Tyr694) (14H2) Mouse mAb
- 9131 Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) Antibody
- 9172 Stat1 Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9363 Stat5 Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.