Product Pathways - Jak/Stat Pathway
Stat5 (3H7) Rabbit mAb #9358
|9358S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9358||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||90||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, ChIP=Chromatin IP
Specificity / Sensitivity
Stat5 (3H7) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total Stat5α and β protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to a central region within human Stat5.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa, L929 and PC12 cells, using Stat5 (3H7) Rabbit mAb.
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 BaF3 cells starved of IL-3 for 6 hours followed by induction with IL-3 for 45 minutes, and either 20 μl of Stat5 Antibody or 2 μl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using SimpleChIP® Mouse CIS Intron 1 Primers #5131, mouse SOCS-3 promoter primers, and SimpleChIP® Mouse RPL30 Intron 2 Primers #7015. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
Stat5 is activated in response to a wide variety of ligands including IL-2, GM-CSF, growth hormone and prolactin. Phosphorylation at Tyr694 is obligatory for Stat5 activation (1,2). This phosphorylation is mediated by Src upon erythropoietin stimulation (3). Stat5 is constitutively active in some leukemic cell types (4). Phosphorylated Stat5 is found in some endothelial cells treated with IL-3, which suggests its involvement in angiogenesis and cell motility (5). Stat5a and Stat5b are independently regulated and activated in various cell types. For instance, interferon treatment predominantly activates Stat5a in U-937 cells and Stat5b in HeLa cells (6).
- Gouilleux, F. et al. (1994) EMBO J. 13, 4361-4369.
- Wakao, H. et al. (1994) EMBO J. 13, 2182-2191.
- Okutani, Y. et al. (2001) Oncogene 20, 6643-6650.
- Demoulin, J.B. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 25855-25861.
- Dentelli, P. et al. (1999) J. Immunol. 163, 2151-2159.
- Meinke, A. et al. (1996) Mol. Cell. Biol. 16, 6937-6944.
- Weisberg, E. et al. (2011) PLoS One 6, e25351. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9351 Phospho-Stat5 (Tyr694) Antibody
- 9356 Phospho-Stat5 (Tyr694) (14H2) Mouse mAb
- 9353 Stat5 Control Cell Extracts
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9363 Stat5 Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patents No. 5,675,063 and 7,429,487) from Epitomics, Inc.