Product Pathways - Jak/Stat Pathway
Phospho-Stat6 (Tyr641) Antibody #9361
|9361L||300 µl (30 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9361S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9361P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9361||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Bovine.
* Product-specific protocol.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Stat6 (Tyr641) Antibody detects endogenous levels of Stat6 only when phosphorylated at tyrosine 641. The antibody does not cross-react with the corresponding phospho-tyrosine residues of other Stat proteins.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr641 of human Stat6. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from Daudi cells, treated with IL-4 (100 ng/ml) for the indicated times using Phospho-Stat6 (Tyr641) Antibody (upper) or Stat6 antibody (lower).
Flow cytometric analysis of Ramos cells, untreated (blue) or IL-4 treated (green), using Phospho-Stat6 (Tyr641) Antibody compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of ACHN cells serum-starved (left) or IL-4-treated (right) using Phospho-Stat6 (Tyr641) Antibody (green). Blue pseudocolor= DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Upon activation by Janus kinases, Stat6 translocates to the nucleus where it regulates cytokine-induced gene expression. Stat6 is activated via phosphorylation at Tyr641 and is required for responsiveness to IL-4 and IL-13 (1-4). In addition, Stat6 is activated by IFN-α in B cells, where it forms transcriptionally active complexes with Stat2 and p48 (5,6). Protein phosphatase 2A is also involved in regulation of IL-4-mediated Stat6 signaling (7).
- Nelms, K. et al. (1999) Ann. Rev. Immunol. 17, 701-738.
- Malabarba, M.G. et al. (1996) Biochem. J. 319, 865-872.
- Hou, J. et al. (1994) Science 265, 1701-1706.
- Quelle, F.W. et al. (1995) Mol. Cell. Biol. 15, 3336-3343.
- Takeda, K. et al. (1996) Nature 380, 627-630.
- Gupta, S. et al. (1999) J. Immunol. 163, 3834-3841.
- Woetmann, A. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 2787-2791.
- Bartoli, M. et al. (2000) . J. Biol. Chem. 275, 33189-33192. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Majka, M. et al. (2000) . Blood 96, 4142-4151. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Lee, J. et al. (2011) Oncogene , . Applications: Western Blotting.
- Cudejko, C. et al. (2011) Blood 118, 2556-66. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9131 Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) Antibody
- 9171 Phospho-Stat1 (Tyr701) Antibody
- 9321 Phospho-Tyk2 (Tyr1054/1055) Antibody
- 9351 Phospho-Stat5 (Tyr694) Antibody
- 9914 Phospho-Stat Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9362 Stat6 Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.