Product Pathways - Jak/Stat Pathway
Phospho-Stat6 (Tyr641) (C11A12) Rabbit mAb #9364
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Stat6 (Tyr641) (C11A12) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of Stat6 only when phosphorylated at Tyr641. This antibody does not cross-react with the corresponding phospho-tyrosine residues of other Stat proteins. Cross-reactivity has been observed with receptor tyrosine kinases including phosphorylated PDGF receptor that can lead to inapproriate membrane staining.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr641 of human Stat6.
Upon activation by Janus kinases, Stat6 translocates to the nucleus where it regulates cytokine-induced gene expression. Stat6 is activated via phosphorylation at Tyr641 and is required for responsiveness to IL-4 and IL-13 (1-4). In addition, Stat6 is activated by IFN-α in B cells, where it forms transcriptionally active complexes with Stat2 and p48 (5,6). Protein phosphatase 2A is also involved in regulation of IL-4-mediated Stat6 signaling (7).
- Nelms, K. et al. (1999) Ann. Rev. Immunol. 17, 701-738.
- Malabarba, M.G. et al. (1996) Biochem. J. 319, 865-872.
- Hou, J. et al. (1994) Science 265, 1701-1706.
- Quelle, F.W. et al. (1995) Mol. Cell. Biol. 15, 3336-3343.
- Takeda, K. et al. (1996) Nature 380, 627-630.
- Gupta, S. et al. (1999) J. Immunol. 163, 3834-3841.
- Woetmann, A. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 2787-2791.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9361 Phospho-Stat6 (Tyr641) Antibody
- 9362 Stat6 Antibody
- 9167 Phospho-Stat1 (Tyr701) (58D6) Rabbit mAb
- 4441 Phospho-Stat2 (Tyr690) Antibody
- 9145 Phospho-Stat3 (Tyr705) (D3A7) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9359 Phospho-Stat5 (Tyr694) (C11C5) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.