Product Pathways - Protein Stability
Phospho-BAP1 (Ser592) Antibody #9373
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-BAP1 (Ser592) Antibody detects endogenous levels of BAP1 only when phosphorylated at Ser592.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser592 of human BAP1.
BAP1 (BRCA1-Associated Protein 1) was originally identified as a BRCA1 associated, nuclear localized ubiquitin hydrolase that suppresses cell growth (1). The protein belongs to the UCH family of deubiquitinases, with a UCH domain in its N-terminal segment and a BRCA1 interaction domain as well as a nuclear localization signal in its C-terminal segment (1). Frequent gene locus rearrangement, deletion and null mutation of BAP1 have been found in lung and breast cancers (1,2). Mutation analysis in vivo in cancer cell line survival and in animal tumorigenesis indicate that both the deubiquitinase activity and the nuclear localization signal are required for BAP1 function as a tumor suppressor (3). BAP1 does not have direct deubiquitination activity towards the autoubiquitinyled BRCA1/BARD1 E3 complex (4), but its interaction with BARD1 inhibits BRCA1/BARD1 E3 activity by interfering with the compex dimerization process (5). In addition to its interaction with BRCA1/BARD1, BAP1 has also been shown to interact with and deubiquitinylate HCF-1, thereby controlling its stability (6).Phosphorylation of Ser592 on BAP1 was identified at Cell Signaling Technology (CST) using PhosphoScan®, CST's LC-MS/MS platform for phosphorylation site discovery (7).
- Jensen, D.E. et al. (1998) Oncogene 16, 1097-112.
- Buchhagen, D.L. et al. (1994) Int J Cancer 57, 473-9.
- Ventii, K.H. et al. (2008) Cancer Res 68, 6953-62.
- Mallery, D.L. et al. (2002) EMBO J 21, 6755-62.
- Nishikawa, H. et al. (2009) Cancer Res 69, 111-9.
- Misaghi, S. et al. (2009) Mol Cell Biol 29, 2181-92.
- Rush, J. et al. (2005) Nat Biotechnol 23, 94-101.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9010 BRCA1 Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.