Product Pathways - Development
TCF/LEF1 Antibody Sampler Kit #9383
|Kit Includes||Quantity||Applications||Reactivity||MW (kDa)||Isotype|
|TCF1 (C63D9) Rabbit mAb #2203||40 µl||W IP IHC-P IF-IC F||H M||48, 50 kDa||Rabbit IgG|
|TCF3 (D15G11) Rabbit mAb #2883||40 µl||W||H Mk||78||Rabbit IgG|
|TCF4 (C48H11) Rabbit mAb #2569||40 µl||W IP ChIP||H (M) (C)||58, 79||Rabbit IgG|
|LEF1 (C12A5) Rabbit mAb #2230||40 µl||W IP IF-IC F||H M R||25-58 kDa||Rabbit IgG|
|Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody #7074||100 µl||Goat|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey C=Chicken
Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Each antibody in this kit recognizes endogenous levels of total protein for the specified target and does not cross-react with other family members. TCF1 (C63D9) Rabbit mAb does not recognize the dominant negative isoforms of TCF1 lacking the amino-terminal β-catenin binding domain. LEF1 (C12A5) Rabbit mAb does not recognize the dominant negative forms of LEF1 generated by an alternative promoter.
Western blot analysis of total cell lysates from HCT29, Colo201 and Jurkat cells, and mouse thymocytes using TCF1 (C63D9) Rabbit mAb #2203.
Western blot analysis of total cell lysates from HCT-15 and DLD-1 cells, and mouse thymocytes using LEF1 (C12A5) Rabbit mAb #2230.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell types using TCF4 (C48H11) Rabbit mAb #2569.
The TCF/LEF1 Antibody Sampler Kit provides an economical means of detecting total protein from the TCF/LEF1 family members. The kit contains enough primary and secondary antibodies to perform four Western blots with each antibody.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with synthetic peptides corresponding to regions surrounding Pro95 of human TCF1 protein, Gln96 of human TCF3, Leu330 of human TCF4, and Pro82 of human LEF1.
LEF1 and TCF are members of the high mobility group (HMG) DNA binding protein family of transcription factors which consists of the following: Lymphoid Enhancer Factor 1 (LEF1), T Cell Factor 1 (TCF1, also known as TCF7), TCF3 (also known as TCF7L1) and TCF4 (also known as TCF7L2) (1). LEF1 and TCF1 were originally identified as important factors regulating early lymphoid development (2) that act downstream in Wnt signaling. LEF1 and TCF bind to Wnt response elements to provide docking sites for β-catenin, which translocates to the nucleus to promote the transcription of target genes upon activation of Wnt signaling (3). LEF1 and TCF proteins are dynamically expressed during development and aberrant activation of the Wnt signaling pathway is involved in many types of cancers including colon cancer (4,5).
- Waterman, M.L. (2004) Cancer Metastasis Rev 23, 41-52.
- Schilham, M.W. and Clevers, H. (1998) Semin Immunol 10, 127-32.
- Brantjes, H. et al. (2002) Biol Chem 383, 255-61.
- Reya, T. and Clevers, H. (2005) Nature 434, 843-50.
- Logan, C.Y. and Nusse, R. (2004) Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 20, 781-810.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9561 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser33/37/Thr41) Antibody
- 2009 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser33/37) Antibody
- 9565 Phospho-β-Catenin (Thr41/Ser45) Antibody
- 9564 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser45) Antibody
- 9581 β-Catenin Antibody (Amino-terminal Antigen)
- 9587 β-Catenin Antibody (Carboxy-terminal Antigen)
- 9582 β-Catenin (6B3) Rabbit mAb
- 9562 β-Catenin Antibody
- 9566 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser552) Antibody
- 9567 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser675) Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
Selected rabbit monoclonal antibodies are produced under license (granting certain rights including those under U. S. Patent No. 5,675,063 and/or U.S.S.N. 11/476,277) from Epitomics, Inc.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.