Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Rab Family Antibody Sampler Kit #9385
|Kit Includes||Quantity||Applications||Reactivity||MW (kDa)||Isotype|
|Rab4 Antibody #2167||40 µl||W||H M R Hm Mk||25||Rabbit|
|Rab5 (C8B1) Rabbit mAb #3547||40 µl||W IF-IC||H M R Mk||25||Rabbit IgG|
|Rab7 (D95F2) XP® Rabbit mAb #9367||40 µl||W IP IF-IC||H M R Mk||23||Rabbit IgG|
|Rab9 (D52G8) XP® Rabbit mAb #5118||40 µl||W IP IF-IC||H M R Mk||23||Rabbit IgG|
|Rab11 (D4F5) XP® Rabbit mAb #5589||40 µl||W IP IF-IC||H M R Mk (Hm) (Pg)||25||Rabbit IgG|
|Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody #7074||100 µl||Goat|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster Mk=Monkey Pg=Pig
Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Each antibody in the Rab Family Antibody Sampler Kit detects endogenous levels of its target protein. The Rab11 (D45F5) XP Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total Rab11 protein, including isoforms Rab11a and Rab11b.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell types using Rab4 Antibody #2167.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Rab5 (C8B1) Rabbit mAb #3547.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Rab9 (D52G8) XP® Rabbit mAb #5118.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Rab11 (D4F5) XP® Rabbit mAb #5589.
The Rab Family Antibody Sampler Kit provides an economical means to evaluate the presence and status of Rab proteins in cells. This kit provides enough primary and secondary antibodies to perform four Western blot experiments per primary antibody.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly190 of human Rab5 protein, Glu188 of human Rab7 protein,the carboxy terminus of human Rab9 protein and the amino terminus of human Rab11 protein. Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with synthetic peptides corresponding to residues surrounding Asp128 of human Rab4 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Rab family proteins are GTPases and members of the Ras superfamily of monomeric G proteins. These membrane-associated proteins are involved in many aspects of vesicle-mediated transport, taking part in the initial vesicle formation, transport of vesicles along the cytoskeleton, and eventual fusion of vesicle and target membranes. Rab4 is localized at early endosomes/recycling endosomes and functions as a key regulator for sorting/recycling of membrane and proteins (1,2). Both Rab4A and Rab4B isoforms are localized to similar cellular compartments and are believed to have similar functions (4). Rab4 interacts with several Rab4 effectors in a complex on a special endosome site to promote membrane/protein recycling (1,3). Rab5 is localized to the plasma membrane and early endosome and functions as a key regulator of vesicle trafficking during early endocytosis (1). The conformational change between Rab5-GTP and Rab5-GDP is essential for its biological function as a rate-limiting regulator at multiple steps during endocytosis (1,5). Similar to Rab4, Rab5 also interacts with specific Rab5 effectors on a specialized endosomal Rab domain to promote recycling between endosome and the plasma membrane (1,5,6). Both Rab7 and Rab9 are located in late endosomes but exert different functions. Rab7 associates with the RIPL effector protein to control membrane trafficking from early to late endosome and to lysosomes (7,8). Rab7 also helps to regulate growth receptor endocytic trafficking and degradation, and maturation of phagosome and autophagic vacuoles (8-11). Rab9 interacts with its effector proteins p40 and TIP47 (12,13) to promote the MPR (mannose 6-phosphate receptor)-associated lysosomal enzyme transport between late endosomes and the trans Golgi network (14,15). Rab11 (isoforms Rab11a and Rab11b) functions as a key regulator in the recycling of perinuclear, plasma membrane and Golgi compartment endosomes (16,17). Despite some overlap, distinct differences exist between Rab11a and Rab11b in both their cellular distribution and functional roles. Rab11a is ubiquitously expressed while Rab11b is found mainly in the heart and brain (18,19). Like other Rab proteins, Rab11 functions when associated with Rab11 family interacting proteins (FIPs). The three distinct classes of Rab11 FIPs all share a conserved carboxy-terminal Rab-binding domain that allows Rab-FIP protein interaction. When bound together, these proteins are thought to regulate membrane-associated protein sorting (20,21).
- Zerial, M. and McBride, H. (2001) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 2, 107-17.
- van der Sluijs, P. et al. (1992) Cell 70, 729-40.
- Deneka, M. et al. (2003) EMBO J 22, 2645-57.
- Krawczyk, M. et al. (2007) Nucleic Acids Res 35, 595-605.
- van der Bliek, A.M. (2005) Nat Cell Biol 7, 548-50.
- Haas, A.K. et al. (2005) Nat Cell Biol 7, 887-93.
- Feng, Y. et al. (1995) J Cell Biol 131, 1435-52.
- Méresse, S. et al. (1995) J Cell Sci 108 ( Pt 11), 3349-58.
- Ceresa, B.P. and Bahr, S.J. (2006) J Biol Chem 281, 1099-106.
- Jäger, S. et al. (2004) J Cell Sci 117, 4837-48.
- Méresse, S. et al. (1999) EMBO J 18, 4394-403.
- Díaz, E. et al. (1997) J Cell Biol 138, 283-90.
- Barbero, P. et al. (2002) J Cell Biol 156, 511-8.
- Lombardi, D. et al. (1993) EMBO J 12, 677-82.
- Riederer, M.A. et al. (1994) J Cell Biol 125, 573-82.
- Ullrich, O. et al. (1996) J Cell Biol 135, 913-24.
- Chen, W. et al. (1998) Mol Biol Cell 9, 3241-57.
- Lapierre, L.A. et al. (2003) Exp Cell Res 290, 322-31.
- Khvotchev, M.V. et al. (2003) J Neurosci 23, 10531-9.
- Junutula, J.R. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 33430-7.
- Hales, C.M. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 39067-75.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 7722 Blue Loading Buffer Pack
- 7723 Red Loading Buffer Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.