Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
SP1 (D4C3) Rabbit mAb #9389
|9389S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9389||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Monkey||Endogenous||90||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), F=Flow Cytometry, ChIP=Chromatin IP
Specificity / Sensitivity
SP1 (D4C3) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total SP1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro593 of human SP1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using SP1 (D4C3) Rabbit mAb.
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 293 cells and either 5 μl of SP1 (D4C3) Rabbit mAb or 2 μl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using using SimpleChIP® Human DHFR Intron 1 Primers #7531, human TIN2 intron 1 primers, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using SP1 (D4C3) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma using SP1 (D4C3) Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or antigen-specific peptide (right).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human prostate carcinoma using SP1 (D4C3) Rabbit mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of HeLa cells using SP1 (D4C3) Rabbit mAb #9389 (blue) compared to concentration matched Rabbit (DA1E) mAb XP® Isotype Control #3900 (red). Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L), (F(ab')2 Fragment (Alexa Fluor 488 Conjugate) #4412 was used as a secondary antibody
Specificity protein 1 (SP1) is a ubiquitously expressed transcription factor belonging to the family of C2H2-type zinc finger containing DNA-binding proteins. SP1 binds GC-rich motifs with high affinity and regulates the expression of numerous mammalian genes (1,2). It interacts with many other transcription factors, such as c-Myc, EGR1, and Stat1, and with basal transcription machinery components. SP1 interacts with chromatin-modifying factors, such as histone deacetylases (HDACs) and p300 in chromatin remodeling. Transcriptional activity and stability of SP1 are regulated by post-translational modification, including phosphorylation, acetylation, ubiquitination, and glycosylation (3). Glycosylation of SP1 following insulin treatment leads to increased nuclear localization, while glucagon treatment increases cytoplasmic SP1 levels (4-6). Investigators have found high levels of SP1 in patients with Alzheimer's disease (7).
- Kadonaga, J.T. et al. (1987) Cell 51, 1079-90.
- Song, J. et al. (2003) Int J Mol Med 11, 547-53.
- Tan, N.Y. and Khachigian, L.M. (2009) Mol Cell Biol 29, 2483-8.
- Majumdar, G. et al. (2003) Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 285, E584-91.
- Majumdar, G. et al. (2006) J Biol Chem 281, 3642-50.
- Solomon, S.S. et al. (2008) Life Sci 83, 305-12.
- Citron, B.A. et al. (2008) J Neurosci Res 86, 2499-504.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9002 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9003 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9004 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9005 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9006 ChIP-Grade Protein G Magnetic Beads
- 9007 ChIP-Grade Protein G Agarose Beads
- 7017 6-Tube Magnetic Separation Rack
- 4486 SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.