Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Phospho-CRMP-2 (Thr514) Antibody #9397
|9397S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9397||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||55-65||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-CRMP-2 (Thr514) Antibody detects endogenous levels of CRMP-2 only when phosphorylated at Thr514.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide surrounding Thr514 of human CRMP-2. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
Collapsin Response Mediator Protein-2 (CRMP-2) is expressed at high levels in the developing nervous system and plays a critical role in axonal outgrowth by specifying axon/dendrite fate and establishing neuronal polarity (1,2). CRMP-2 enhances axon elongation and branching by binding to tubulin heterodimers to promote microtubule assembly (3). GSK-3β inactivates CRMP-2 by phosphorylating it at Thr514. CRMP-2 is primed following phosphorylation at Ser522 by CDK5 and at Thr518 by GSK-3β (2). Phosphorylation of CRMP-2, which decreases tubulin binding ability, can be inhibited by NT-3 and BDNF through the PI3 kinase/Akt pathway (2). CRMP-2 also mediates semaphorin-induced growth cone collapse (4). Hyperphosphorylation of CRMP-2 and is found in Alzheimer disease plaques with concurrent elevated GSK-3β activity in these patients (5).
- Crews, L. et al. (2011) Mol Neurodegener 6, 67. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9393 CRMP-2 Antibody
- 9323 Phospho-GSK-3β (Ser9) (5B3) Rabbit mAb
- 3813 Plexin A1 Antibody
- 4249 PI3 Kinase p110α (C73F8) Rabbit mAb
- 3279 Shootin1 Antibody
- 9916 Phospho-Akt Pathway Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.