Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
VDAC2 Antibody #9412
|W||H M R (Mk)||Endogenous||30||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
VDAC2 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total VDAC2 protein. Based on the amino acid sequences, this antibody is not expected to cross-react with other VDAC isoforms.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the central sequence of human VDAC2 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Voltage-dependent anion channel (VDAC), ubiquitously expressed and located in the outer mitochondrial membrane, is generally thought to be the primary means by which metabolites diffuse in and out of the mitochondria (1). In addition, this channel plays a role in apoptotic signaling. The change in mitochondrial permeability characteristic of apoptosis is mediated by Bcl-2 family proteins, which bind to VDAC, altering the channel kinetics (2). Homodimerization of VDAC may be a mechanism for changing mitochondrial permeability and supporting release of cytochrome c (3). In mammalian cells, there are three VDAC isoforms, VDAC1, which is the most widely expressed isoform, as well as VDAC2 and VDAC3 (4,5).
- Hodge, T. and Colombini, M. (1997) J Membr Biol 157, 271-9.
- Shimizu, S. et al. (1999) Nature 399, 483-7.
- Zheng, Y. et al. (2004) Oncogene 23, 1239-47.
- Craigen, W.J. and Graham, B.H. (2008) J Bioenerg Biomembr 40, 207-12.
- Yamamoto, T. et al. (2006) J Proteome Res 5, 3336-44.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4661 VDAC (D73D12) Rabbit mAb
- 4866 VDAC Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.