Product Pathways - Motif Antibodies
Phospho-Tyrosine Mouse mAb (P-Tyr-100) (Biotinylated) #9417
|W IP IHC-P||All||Endogenous||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: All=All species expected
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Tyrosine Mouse mAb (P-Tyr-100) (Biotinylated) is prepared by biotinylation of the antibody via primary amines. Biotinylated antibody is useful for detection or purification of tyrosine-phosphorylated proteins using avidin-biotin binding. This antibody does not cross-react with proteins phosphorylated at serine or threonine. (U.S. Patent No's.: 6,441,140; 6,982,318; 7,259,022; 7,344,714; U.S.S.N. 11,484,485; and all foreign equivalents.)
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with phospho-Tyr-containing peptides . Antibody is purified by protein A chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from NIH/3T3 cells untreated and treated with sodium vanadate (1 mM for 30 minutes), using 75 ng/ml Phospho-Tyrosine Mouse mAb (P-Tyr-100) (Biotinylated) (A), then detected by Anti-biotin Antibody, HRP-linked #7075. Western blot analysis of the same extract using 750 ng/ml Phospho-Tyrosine Mouse mAb (P-Tyr-100) #9411, then detected by Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody #7076 (B).
Tyrosine phosphorylation plays a key role in cellular signaling (1). Research studies have shown that in cancer, unregulated tyrosine kinase activity can drive malignancy and tumor formation by generating inappropriate proliferation and survival signals (2). Antibodies specific for phospho-tyrosine (3,4) have been invaluable reagents in these studies. The phospho-tyrosine monoclonal antibodies developed by Cell Signaling Technology are exceptionally sensitive tools for studying tyrosine phosphorylation and monitoring tyrosine kinase activity in high throughput drug discovery.
- Schlessinger, J. (2000) Cell 103, 211-25.
- Blume-Jensen, P. and Hunter, T. (2001) Nature 411, 355-65.
- Ward, S.G. et al. (1992) J Biol Chem 267, 23862-9.
- Glenney, J.R. et al. (1988) J Immunol Methods 109, 277-85.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9411 Phospho-Tyrosine Mouse mAb (P-Tyr-100)
- 9414 Phospho-Tyrosine Mouse mAb (P-Tyr-100) (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
- 9415 Phospho-Tyrosine Mouse mAb (P-Tyr-100) (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate)
- 9416 Phospho-Tyrosine Mouse mAb (P-Tyr-102)
- 9419 Phospho-Tyrosine Mouse mAb (P-Tyr-100) (Sepharose Bead Conjugate)
- 8102 SignalSlide® Phospho-EGF Receptor IHC Controls
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
License/Use Restrictions: Use of CST Motif Antibodies within certain methods (e.g., U.S. Patent No.'s 7,198,896 & 7,300,753) may require a license from CST. For information regarding academic licensing terms please have your technology transfer office contact CST Legal Department at CST_ip@cellsignal.com. For information regarding commercial licensing terms please contact CST Pharma Services Department at email@example.com.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.