Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Cleaved Caspase-8 (Asp387) Antibody (Mouse Specific) #9429
|W||M (R)||Endogenous||18, 43||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Cleaved Caspase-8 (Asp387) Antibody (Mouse Specific) detects endogenous levels of mouse and rat caspase-8 when cleaved at Asp387. This antibody will detect cleavage products containing the pro-domain with the p18 subunit (p43) as well as the p18 subunit alone.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues adjacent to the Asp387 cleavage site of rodent caspase-8. Antibodies were purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from COS cells, mock transfected (-) or transfected with a construct overexpressing mouse caspase-8 (+), using Cleaved Caspase-8 (Asp387) Antibody (Mouse Specific).
Apoptosis induced through the CD95 receptor (Fas/APO-1) and tumor necrosis factor receptor 1 (TNFR1) activates caspase-8 and leads to the release of the caspase-8 active fragments, p18 and p10 (1-3). Activated caspase-8 cleaves and activates downstream effector caspases such as caspase-1, -3, -6, and -7. Caspase-3 ultimately elicits the morphological hallmarks of apoptosis, including DNA fragmentation and cell shrinkage.
- Muzio, M. et al. (1996) Cell 85, 817-827.
- Boldin, M.P. et al. (1996) Cell 85, 803-815.
- Fernandes-Alnemri, T. et al. (1996) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 93, 7464-7469.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9496 Cleaved Caspase-8 (Asp391) (18C8) Rabbit mAb
- 4927 Caspase-8 Antibody (Mouse Specific)
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.