Product Pathways - Metabolism
BCAT2 Antibody #9432
|W IP||H Mk||Endogenous||39||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
BCAT2 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total BCAT2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human BCAT2 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293 cells, mock transfected (-) or transfected with a construct expressing either Myc/DDK-tagged full-length human BCAT1 (hBCAT1-Myc/DDK; +) or Myc/DDK-tagged full-length human BCAT2 (hBCAT2-Myc/DDK; +), using BCAT2 Antibody (upper), DYKDDDDK Tag (9A3) Mouse mAb #8146 (middle), or β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
BCAT1 and BCAT2 are cytosolic and mitochondrial branched chain aminotransferases, respectively (1,2). Research studies have implicated BCAT1 in distant metastasis in patients with advanced colorectal cancer (3). Disruption of BCAT2 in mice leads to higher levels of plasma branched-chain amino acids, reduced adiposity and body weight, and increased energy expenditure, suggesting its role in regulating insulin sensitivity (4).
- Bledsoe, R.K. et al. (1997) Biochim Biophys Acta 1339, 9-13.
- Suryawan, A. et al. (1998) Am J Clin Nutr 68, 72-81.
- Yoshikawa, R. et al. (2006) World J Gastroenterol 12, 5884-9.
- She, P. et al. (2007) Cell Metab 6, 181-94.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.