Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Rab11FIP1 Antibody #9438
|W IP||H M Mk||Endogenous||85||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Rab11FIP1 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total Rab11FIP1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr188 of human Rab11FIP1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Rab11 family proteins consist of closely-related Rab11a, Rab11b, and Rab25. They are small GTPases thought to play an essential role in regulating endocytic membrane traffic (1,2). The active state of GTP-bound Rab11 proteins interact with the Rab11 family interacting proteins (Rab11FIPs) via a conserved C-terminal Rab11-binding domain (3,4). At least six members of the Rab11FIPs have been identified. Based on sequence homology and domain structures, Rab11FIP1, Rab11FIP2 and Rab11FIP5 are categorized as class I subfamily members, whereas Rab11FIP3 and Rab11FIP4 belong to class II subfamily, which bind Arf6 and Rab11 proteins (5-7). Research studies have implicated Rab11 family proteins, and their interacting effectors, in carcinogenesis (8,9).
- Bock, J.B. et al. (2001) Nature 409, 839-41.
- Ullrich, O. et al. (1996) J Cell Biol 135, 913-24.
- Hales, C.M. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 39067-75.
- Prekeris, R. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 38966-70.
- Meyers, J.M. and Prekeris, R. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 49003-10.
- Lindsay, A.J. and McCaffrey, M.W. (2004) J Cell Sci 117, 4365-75.
- Hickson, G.R. et al. (2003) Mol Biol Cell 14, 2908-20.
- Zhang, J. et al. (2009) J Clin Invest 119, 2171-83.
- Muller, P.A. et al. (2009) Cell 139, 1327-41.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 5589 Rab11 (D4F5) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2413 Rab11a Antibody
- 2414 Rab11b Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.