Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Rab11FIP1 Antibody #9438
|9438S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9438||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Monkey||Endogenous||85||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Rab11FIP1 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total Rab11FIP1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr188 of human Rab11FIP1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Rab11 family proteins consist of closely related Rab11a, Rab11b, and Rab25. They are small GTPases thought to play an essential role in regulating endocytic membrane traffic (1,2). The GTP-bound active state Rab11 proteins interact with the Rab11 family interacting proteins (Rab11FIPs) via a conserved carboxy-terminal Rab11-binding domain (3,4). At least six members of the Rab11FIPs have been identified. Based on sequence homology and domain structures, Rab11FIP1, Rab11FIP2 and Rab11FIP5 are categorized as class I subfamily members, whereas Rab11FIP3 and Rab11FIP4 belong to the class II subfamily that bind Arf6 and Rab11 proteins (5-7). Research studies have implicated Rab11 family proteins and their interacting effectors in carcinogenesis (8,9).
- Bock, J.B. et al. (2001) Nature 409, 839-41.
- Ullrich, O. et al. (1996) J Cell Biol 135, 913-24.
- Hales, C.M. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 39067-75.
- Prekeris, R. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 38966-70.
- Meyers, J.M. and Prekeris, R. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 49003-10.
- Lindsay, A.J. and McCaffrey, M.W. (2004) J Cell Sci 117, 4365-75.
- Hickson, G.R. et al. (2003) Mol Biol Cell 14, 2908-20.
- Zhang, J. et al. (2009) J Clin Invest 119, 2171-83.
- Muller, P.A. et al. (2009) Cell 139, 1327-41.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 5589 Rab11 (D4F5) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2413 Rab11a Antibody
- 2414 Rab11b Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.