Product Pathways - Neuroscience
PSD93 Antibody #9445
|9445S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9445||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||110||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
PSD93 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total PSD93 protein. This antibody also detects a background band of unknown origin ~45 kDa.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro321 of human PSD93 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Postsynaptic Density Protein 93 (PSD93) is a member of the PSD subfamily of the membrane-associated guanylate kinase (PSD-MAGUK) proteins. Structurally, it most closely resembles PSD95, consisting of an N-terminal variable segment followed by three PDZ domains, an SH3 domain, and an inactive guanylate kinase (GK) domain (1,2). PSD93 is expressed in neuronal cells and located at the synapse where it interacts with neuronal receptors and proteins including the NMDA receptor (2-4), K+ channels (5,6), and the AMPA receptor (7) to regulate their membrane localization and neuronal signaling. Research studies have implicated PSD93 in postsynaptic related persistent pain induction, making PSD93 a potential target for treatment of this syndrome (3).
- Brenman, J.E. et al. (1996) J Neurosci 16, 7407-15.
- Kim, E. et al. (1996) Neuron 17, 103-13.
- Tao, Y.X. et al. (2003) J Neurosci 23, 6703-12.
- Niethammer, M. et al. (1996) J Neurosci 16, 2157-63.
- Kim, E. et al. (1995) Nature 378, 85-8.
- Leyland, M.L. and Dart, C. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 43427-36.
- Elias, G.M. et al. (2006) Neuron 52, 307-20.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2930 Phospho-PSD93 (Tyr340) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7077 Anti-rat IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 3450 PSD95 (D27E11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3409 PSD95 (D74D3) XP® Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.