Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Ki-67 (8D5) Mouse mAb #9449
|IHC-P IF-IC F||H M||Endogenous||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Ki-67 (8D5) Mouse mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total Ki-67 protein. Species cross-reactivity for IHC-P is human and mouse, for IF-IC and F, it is human, mouse and rat.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human Ki-67 protein.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using Ki-67 (8D5) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma using Ki-67 (8D5) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human ovarian serous adenocarcinoma using Ki-67 (8D5) Mouse mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of Jurkat cells using Ki-67 (8D5) Mouse mAb and Propidium Iodide (PI)/RNase Staining Solution #4087.
Ki-67, named after the location where it was discovered (Kiel University, Germany), is a nuclear nonhistone protein (1) that is universally expressed among proliferating cells and absent in quiescent cells (2). Ki-67 detects proliferating cells in G1, S, G2, and mitosis, but not in the G0 resting phase. Research studies have shown that high levels of Ki-67 are associated with poorer breast cancer survival (3). Research studies have explored the use of Ki-67, along with other markers, as potential prognostic or predictive markers in breast cancer and other malignant diseases (4).
- Gerdes, J. et al. (1983) Int J Cancer 31, 13-20.
- Weigel, M.T. and Dowsett, M. (2010) Endocr Relat Cancer 17, R245-62.
- Jones, R.L. et al. (2009) Breast Cancer Res Treat 116, 53-68.
- Yerushalmi, R. et al. (2010) Lancet Oncol 11, 174-83.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9027 Ki-67 (D2H10) Rabbit mAb (IHC Specific)
- 9129 Ki-67 (D3B5) Rabbit mAb
- 12202 Ki-67 (D3B5) Rabbit mAb (Mouse Specific; IHC Formulated)
- 2586 PCNA (PC10) Mouse mAb
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8125 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Mouse)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.