Product Pathways - Protein Translation
4E-BP1 Antibody #9452
|9452L||300 µl (30 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9452S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9452||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||15 to 20||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
4E-BP1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total 4E-BP1, independent of phosphorylation.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser112 of human 4E-BP1. Antibodies are purified by protein A affinity chromatography.
Translation repressor protein 4E-BP1 (also known as PHAS-1) inhibits cap-dependent translation by binding to the translation initiation factor eIF4E. Hyperphosphorylation of 4E-BP1 disrupts this interaction and results in activation of cap-dependent translation (1). Both the PI3 kinase/Akt pathway and FRAP/mTOR kinase regulate 4E-BP1 activity (2,3). Multiple 4E-BP1 residues are phosphorylated in vivo (4). While phosphorylation by FRAP/mTOR at Thr37 and Thr46 does not prevent the binding of 4E-BP1 to eIF4E, it is thought to prime 4E-BP1 for subsequent phosphorylation at Ser65 and Thr70 (5).
- Rapisarda, A. et al. (2004) Cancer Res. 64, 1475-1482. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Ohne, Y. et al. (2008) J Biol Chem 283, 31861-70. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Hara, T. et al. (2008) J Cell Biol 181, 497-510. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Wu, M. et al. (2010) Rejuvenation Res 13, 571-9. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Fonseca, B.D. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 27111-22. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Fuchs, G. et al. (2011) J Mol Biol 410, 118-30. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Ito, N. et al. (2011) Lab Invest 91, 1584-95. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Thomson, D.M. et al. (2010) J Appl Physiol 108, 1775-85. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Naito, T. et al. (2013) J Biol Chem 288, 21074-81. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9644 4E-BP1 (53H11) Rabbit mAb
- 2855 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr37/46) (236B4) Rabbit mAb
- 9456 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Ser65) (174A9) Rabbit mAb
- 9455 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr70) Antibody
- 9459 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr37/46) Antibody
- 9451 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Ser65) Antibody
- 4923 Non-phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr46) (87D12) Rabbit mAb
- 9955 4E-BP Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9918 Translational Control Antibody Sampler Kit
- 2845 4E-BP2 Antibody
- 9741 Phospho-eIF4E (Ser209) Antibody
- 9742 eIF4E Antibody
- 7216 PathScan® Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr37/Thr46) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 1053 4E-BP1 Blocking Peptide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.