Product Pathways - Translational Control
Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr70) Antibody #9455
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||15 to 20||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr70) Antibody detects endogenous levels of 4E-BP1 only when phosphorylated at threonine 70. This antibody does not detect 4E-BP1 phosphorylated at other sites.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to the sequence of rat 4E-BP1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Translation repressor protein 4E-BP1 (also known as PHAS-1) inhibits cap-dependent translation by binding to the translation initiation factor eIF4E. Hyperphosphorylation of 4E-BP1 disrupts this interaction and results in activation of cap-dependent translation (1). Both the PI3 kinase/Akt pathway and FRAP/mTOR kinase regulate 4E-BP1 activity (2,3). Multiple 4E-BP1 residues are phosphorylated in vivo (4). While phosphorylation by FRAP/mTOR at Thr37 and Thr46 does not prevent the binding of 4E-BP1 to eIF4E, it is thought to prime 4E-BP1 for subsequent phosphorylation at Ser65 and Thr70 (5).
- Pause, A. et al. (1994) Nature 371, 762-767.
- Brunn, G.J. et al. (1997) Science 277, 99-101.
- Gingras, A.C. et al. (1998) Genes Dev. 12, 502-513.
- Fadden, P. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 10240-10247.
- Gingras, A.C. et al. (1999) Genes Dev. 13, 1422-1437.
- Jiang, Y. P. et al. (2001) Rapamycin-insensitive regulation of 4e-bp1 in C313 regenerating rat liver. J. Biol. Chem. 276, 10943-10951. Applications: Western Blotting
- Kenerson, H. L. et al. (2002) Activated Mammalian target of rapamycin pathway in the pathogenesis of tuberous sclerosis complex renal tumors. Cancer Res 62, 5645-5650. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin)
- Gingras, A. C. et al. (2001) Hierarchical phosphorylation of the translation inhibitor 4E-BP1. Genes Dev. 15, 2852-2864. Applications: 2D Gel Electrophoresis
- Ma, D. et al. (2009) J Cell Physiol 219, 31-44. Applications: Western Blotting
- Fonseca, B.D. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 27111-22. Applications: IP
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9644 4E-BP1 (53H11) Rabbit mAb
- 2855 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr37/46) (236B4) Rabbit mAb
- 9456 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Ser65) (174A9) Rabbit mAb
- 9451 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Ser65) Antibody
- 9459 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr37/46) Antibody
- 4923 Non-phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr46) (87D12) Rabbit mAb
- 2845 4E-BP2 Antibody
- 9452 4E-BP1 Antibody
- 9955 4E-BP Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9918 Translational Control Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9741 Phospho-eIF4E (Ser209) Antibody
- 9742 eIF4E Antibody
- 7216 PathScan® Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr37/Thr46) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.