Product Pathways - Translational Control
Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr37/46) Antibody #9459
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||15 to 20||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr37/46) Antibody detects endogenous levels of 4E-BP1 only when phosphorylated at Thr37 and/or Thr46. This antibody may cross-react with 4E-BP2 and 4E-BP3 when phosphorylated at equivalent sites.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr37 of mouse 4E-BP1 and Thr46 of mouse 4E-BP1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293T cells using 4E-BP1 Antibody #9452 (upper) and Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr37/46) Antibody (lower). The cells were starved for 24 hours in serum-free medium and underwent a 1 hour amino acid deprivation. Amino acids were replenished for 1 hour. Cells were then either untreated (-) or treated with 100 nM insulin (+) for 30 minutes.
Translation repressor protein 4E-BP1 (also known as PHAS-1) inhibits cap-dependent translation by binding to the translation initiation factor eIF4E. Hyperphosphorylation of 4E-BP1 disrupts this interaction and results in activation of cap-dependent translation (1). Both the PI3 kinase/Akt pathway and FRAP/mTOR kinase regulate 4E-BP1 activity (2,3). Multiple 4E-BP1 residues are phosphorylated in vivo (4). While phosphorylation by FRAP/mTOR at Thr37 and Thr46 does not prevent the binding of 4E-BP1 to eIF4E, it is thought to prime 4E-BP1 for subsequent phosphorylation at Ser65 and Thr70 (5).
- Pause, A. et al. (1994) Nature 371, 762-767.
- Brunn, G.J. et al. (1997) Science 277, 99-101.
- Gingras, A.C. et al. (1998) Genes Dev. 12, 502-513.
- Fadden, P. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 10240-10247.
- Gingras, A.C. et al. (1999) Genes Dev. 13, 1422-1437.
- Jiang, Y. P. et al. (2001) Rapamycin-insensitive regulation of 4e-BP1 in regenerating rat liver. J. Biol. Chem. 276, 10943-10951. Applications: Western Blotting
- Kwiatkowski, D. J. et al. (2002) A mouse model of TSC1 reveals sex-dependent lethality from liver hemangiomas, and up-regulation of p70S6 kinase activity in Tsc1 null cells. Hum. Mol. Genet. 11, 525-534. Applications: Western Blotting
- Yu, K. et al. (2001) mTOR, a novel target in breast cancer: the effect of CCI-779, an mTOR inhibitor, in preclinical models of breast cancer. Endocr. Relat. Cancer 8, 249-258. Applications: Western Blotting
- Ma, D. et al. (2009) J Cell Physiol 219, 31-44. Applications: Western Blotting
- Ohne, Y. et al. (2008) J Biol Chem 283, 31861-70. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2855 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr37/46) (236B4) Rabbit mAb
- 9644 4E-BP1 (53H11) Rabbit mAb
- 9456 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Ser65) (174A9) Rabbit mAb
- 9455 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr70) Antibody
- 9451 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Ser65) Antibody
- 9452 4E-BP1 Antibody
- 4923 Non-phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr46) (87D12) Rabbit mAb
- 2845 4E-BP2 Antibody
- 9955 4E-BP Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9918 Translational Control Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9741 Phospho-eIF4E (Ser209) Antibody
- 9742 eIF4E Antibody
- 7216 PathScan® Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr37/Thr46) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 1052 Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr37/46) Blocking Peptide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.