Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
FoxO4 Antibody #9472
|9472S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9472P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9472||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||65||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
The Fox04 Antibody detects endogenous levels of Fox04. The antibody is sensitive to phosphorylation within the antigen and preferrentially detects unphosphorylated Fox04.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues of human Fox04. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The Forkhead family of transcription factors is involved in tumorigenesis of rhabdomyosarcoma and acute leukemias (1-3). Within the family, three members (FoxO1, FoxO4, and FoxO3a) have sequence similarity to the nematode orthologue DAF-16, which mediates signaling via a pathway involving IGFR1, PI3K, and Akt (4-6). Active forkhead members act as tumor suppressors by promoting cell cycle arrest and apoptosis. Increased expression of any FoxO member results in the activation of the cell cycle inhibitor p27 Kip1. Forkhead transcription factors also play a part in TGF-β-mediated upregulation of p21 Cip1, a process negatively regulated through PI3K (7). Increased proliferation results when forkhead transcription factors are inactivated through phosphorylation by Akt at Thr24, Ser256, and Ser319, which results in nuclear export and inhibition of transcription factor activity (8). Forkhead transcription factors can also be inhibited by the deacetylase sirtuin (SirT1) (9).
- Anderson, M.J. et al. (1998) Genomics 47, 187-99.
- Galili, N. et al. (1993) Nat Genet 5, 230-5.
- Borkhardt, A. et al. (1997) Oncogene 14, 195-202.
- Nakae, J. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 15982-5.
- Rena, G. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 17179-83.
- Guo, S. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 17184-92.
- Seoane, J. et al. (2004) Cell 117, 211-23.
- Arden, K.C. (2004) Mol Cell 14, 416-8.
- Yang, Y. et al. (2005) EMBO J 24, 1021-32.
- Eke, I. et al. (2010) J Clin Invest 120, 2516-27. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9471 Phospho-FoxO4 (Ser193) Antibody
- 9916 Phospho-Akt Pathway Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9461 Phospho-FoxO1 (Ser256) Antibody
- 9464 Phospho-FoxO1 (Thr24)/FoxO3a (Thr32) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.