Product Pathways - Translational Control
Rictor (D16H9) Rabbit mAb #9476
|W IP||H M||Endogenous||200||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Rictor (D16H9) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total rictor protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence around Leu1121 of human rictor protein.
Cell growth is a fundamental biological process whereby cells accumulate mass and increase in size. The mammalian TOR (mTOR) pathway regulates growth by coordinating energy and nutrient signals with growth factor-derived signals (1). mTOR is a large protein kinase with two different complexes. One complex contains mTOR, GβL and raptor, which is a target of rapamycin. The other complex, insensitive to rapamycin, includes mTOR, GβL, Sin1, and rictor (1). The mTOR-rictor complex phosphorylates Ser473 of Akt/PKB in vitro (2). This phosphorylation is essential for full Akt/PKB activation. Furthermore, an siRNA knockdown of rictor inhibits Ser473 phosphorylation in 3T3-L1 adipocytes (3). This complex has also been shown to phosphorylate the rapamycin-resistant mutants of S6K1, another effector of mTOR (4).
- Sarbassov, D.D. et al. (2004) Curr. Biol. 14, 1296-1302.
- Sarbassov, D.D. et al. (2005) Science 307, 1098-1101.
- Hresko, R.C. and Mueckler, M. (2005) J. Biol. Chem. 280, 40406-40416.
- Ali, S.M. and Sabatini, D.M. (2005) J. Biol. Chem. 280, 19445-19448.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3806 Phospho-Rictor (Thr1135) (D30A3) Rabbit mAb
- 2114 Rictor (53A2) Rabbit mAb
- 2140 Rictor Antibody
- 2280 Raptor (24C12) Rabbit mAb
- 2083 Phospho-Raptor (Ser792) Antibody
- 5536 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) (D9C2) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2971 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) Antibody
- 2976 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) (49F9) Rabbit mAb (IHC Specific)
- 2974 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2481) Antibody
- 1230 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) Blocking Peptide
- 4517 mTOR (L27D4) Mouse mAb
- 2972 mTOR Antibody
- 2983 mTOR (7C10) Rabbit mAb
- 9964 mTOR Pathway Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9864 mTOR Regulation Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9862 mTOR Substrates Antibody Sampler Kit
- 1072 mTOR Blocking Peptide
- 6381 SignalSilence® mTOR siRNA I
- 9904 Rapamycin
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.