Product Pathways - Motif Antibodies
Phospho-(Ser) CDKs Substrate (P-S2-100) Rabbit mAb #9477
|W IP E-P||All||Endogenous||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: All=All species expected
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-(Ser) CDKs Substrate (P-S2-100) Rabbit mAb recognizes phospho-serine in a (K/H)S*P motif. The antibody does not cross-react with phospho-threonine or phospho-tyrosine containing peptides/proteins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phospho-CDK substrate peptide library. The antibody is formulated from two rabbit monoclones in order to cover a broad range of reactivity.
Western blot analysis of extracts from COS-7 cells, synchronized in G1/S, G2/M, and G0 phase of the cell cycle, using Phospho-(Ser) CDKs Substrate (P-S2-100) Rabbit mAb.
Cyclin-dependent kinases (CDKs) are a family of Ser/Thr kinases that regulate cell-cycle transitions through their association and subsequent phosphorylation of targets in a strictly ordered fashion (1). The substrates for CDKs are proline-directed. The consensus amino acid sequence for CDK substrate is (K/R)(S*)PX(K/R), where X denotes any one of the 20 amino acids (2-4) and S* is the phosphorylation site. Phospho-(Ser) CDKs Substrate Antibody recognizes phosphorylated CDK substrates at their consensus motif, providing a powerful tool for CDK target discovery and characterization, as well as HTS drug screening for potential kinase regulators.
- Morgan, D.O. (1997) Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 13, 261-91.
- Songyang, Z. et al. (1996) Mol Cell Biol 16, 6486-93.
- Songyang, Z. (1999) Prog Biophys Mol Biol 71, 359-72.
- Holmes, J.K. and Solomon, M.J. (1996) J Biol Chem 271, 25240-6.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2325 Phospho-MAPK/CDK Substrates (PXS*P or S*PXR/K) (34B2) Rabbit mAb
- 2321 Phospho-(Thr) MAPK/CDK Substrate Mouse mAb
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 7722 Blue Loading Buffer Pack
- 7723 Red Loading Buffer Pack
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
This product or components of this product are protected by U.S. Patent Nos.: 6,441,140; 6,982,318; 7,259,022; 7,334,714; U.S. Patent Publication No. 20070026461 (and foreign equivalents) owned by Cell Signaling Technology, Inc. ("CST").
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.