Product Pathways - CD Markers
Langerin Antibody #9484
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Langerin Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total langerin protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala81 of mouse langerin protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293T cells, mock transfected (-) or transfected with a construct expressing Myc/DDK-tagged full-length human langerin (hLangerin-Myc/DDK; +), using Langerin Antibody.
Western blot analysis of extracts from MUTZ-3 cells, undifferentiated (-) or differentiated (+) into Langerhans-like cells by treatment with Human Granulocyte Macrophage Colony Stimulating Factor (hGM-CSF) #8922 (100 ng/mL), Human Transforming Growth Factor β1 (hTGF-β1) #8915 (10 ng/mL), and Human Tumor Necrosis Factor-α (hTNF-α) #8902 (2.5 ng/mL) for 10 d, using Langerin Antibody (upper) or β-Actin (D6A8) Rabbit mAb #8457 (lower).
Langerin (CD207) is a C-type lectin receptor whose expression is restricted mainly to dendritic cells in the skin including Langerhans cells in the epidermis and langerin+/CD103+ dermal dendritic cells (1-4). Langerin is found on the cell surface and within rod-shaped organelles called Birbeck granules, and its expression is required for the formation of Birbeck granules (1,5). Langerin recognizes carbohydrate motifs on the surface of pathogens, resulting in endocytosis of the pathogen into Birbeck granules, degradation of the pathogen, and antigen presentation to T cells (6-8).
- Valladeau, J. et al. (2000) Immunity 12, 71-81.
- Poulin, L.F. et al. (2007) J Exp Med 204, 3119-31.
- Ginhoux, F. et al. (2007) J Exp Med 204, 3133-46.
- Bursch, L.S. et al. (2007) J Exp Med 204, 3147-56.
- Kissenpfennig, A. et al. (2005) Mol Cell Biol 25, 88-99.
- Stambach, N.S. and Taylor, M.E. (2003) Glycobiology 13, 401-10.
- Idoyaga, J. et al. (2008) J Immunol 180, 3647-50.
- Igyártó, B.Z. et al. (2011) Immunity 35, 260-72.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.