Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Cleaved Caspase-7 (Asp198) Antibody #9491
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||20||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Cleaved Caspase-7 (Asp198) Antibody detects endogenous levels of the large fragment of caspase-7 resulting from cleavage at aspartic acid 198. The antibody does not cross-react with full length caspase-7 or with other caspases.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino-terminal residues surrounding Asp198 in human caspase-7. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Caspase-7 (CMH-1, Mch3, ICE-LAP3) has been identified as a major contributor to the execution of apoptosis (1-4). Caspase-7, like caspase-3, is an effector caspase that is responsible for cleaving downstream substrates such as (ADP-ribose) polymerase and PARP (1,3). During apoptosis, caspase-7 is activated through proteolytic processsing by upstream caspases at Asp23, Asp198, and Asp206 to produce the mature subunits (1,3). Similar to caspase-2 and -3, caspase-7 preferentially cleaves substrates following the recognition sequence DEVD (5).
- Fernandes-Alnemri, T. et al. (1995) Cancer Res. 55, 6045-6052.
- Duan, H. et al. (1996) J. Biol. Chem. 271, 1621-1625.
- Lippke, J. A. et al. (1996) J. Biol. Chem. 271, 1825-1828.
- Cohen, G.M. (1997) Biochem. J. 326, 1-16.
- Thornberry, N. A. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 17907-17911.
- Han, H. et al. (2001) Oxidative preconditioning and apoptosis in L-cells. Roles of protein kinase B and mitogen-activated protein kinases. J. Biol. Chem. 276 (28), 26357-26364. Applications: Western Blotting
- D'Agostino, L. and Giordano, A. (2011) Oncotarget 2, 1055-74. Applications: Western Blotting
- Thome, C.H. et al. (2012) Mol Cell Proteomics , . Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9492 Caspase-7 Antibody
- 9494 Caspase-7 (C7) Mouse mAb (Human Specific)
- 9541 Cleaved PARP (Asp214) Antibody (Human Specific)
- 9542 PARP Antibody
- 9661 Cleaved Caspase-3 (Asp175) Antibody
- 9662 Caspase-3 Antibody
- 9852 Chaps Cell Extract Buffer (10X)
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.