Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Caspase-7 (C7) Mouse mAb (Human Specific) #9494
|W||H||Endogenous||20, 30, 35||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Caspase-7 (C7) Mouse mAb (Human Specific) detects endogenous levels of caspase-7 proform as well as the 30 and 20 kDa cleaved fragments. This antibody does not cross-react with other caspases.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant human caspase-7 protein.
Caspase-7 (CMH-1, Mch3, ICE-LAP3) has been identified as a major contributor to the execution of apoptosis (1-4). Caspase-7, like caspase-3, is an effector caspase that is responsible for cleaving downstream substrates such as (ADP-ribose) polymerase and PARP (1,3). During apoptosis, caspase-7 is activated through proteolytic processsing by upstream caspases at Asp23, Asp198, and Asp206 to produce the mature subunits (1,3). Similar to caspase-2 and -3, caspase-7 preferentially cleaves substrates following the recognition sequence DEVD (5).
- Fernandes-Alnemri, T. et al. (1995) Cancer Res. 55, 6045-6052.
- Duan, H. et al. (1996) J. Biol. Chem. 271, 1621-1625.
- Lippke, J. A. et al. (1996) J. Biol. Chem. 271, 1825-1828.
- Cohen, G.M. (1997) Biochem. J. 326, 1-16.
- Thornberry, N. A. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 17907-17911.
- Ikner, A. and Ashkenazi, A. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 21546-54. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9491 Cleaved Caspase-7 (Asp198) Antibody
- 9492 Caspase-7 Antibody
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.