Product Pathways - Stem Cell and Lineage Markers
Nucleostemin Antibody #9495
|W||H (M) (Mk)||Endogenous||65||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Nucleostemin Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total nucleostemin protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human nucleostemin protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Nucleostemin (GNL3) is a member of the MMR1/HSR1 GTP-binding protein family. It is essential in early embryogenesis (1) and investigators have shown that nucleostemin participates in the control of stem and cancer cell cycle proliferation (2), possibly through regulation of p53 activity (3). Nucleostemin has been found to be expressed in CNS stem cells, embryonic stem cells, and several cancer cell lines, and is localized to both the nucleus and the nucleolus in a cell-cycle dependent manner (4).
- Beekman, C. et al. (2006) Mol Cell Biol 26, 9291-301.
- Ivanova, N.B. et al. (2002) Science 298, 601-4.
- Dai, M.S. et al. (2008) Mol Cell Biol 28, 4365-76.
- Tsai, R.Y. and McKay, R.D. (2002) Genes Dev 16, 2991-3003.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.