Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Cleaved Caspase-8 (Asp391) (18C8) Rabbit mAb #9496
|9496L||300 µl (30 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9496S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|9496||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human||Endogenous||18, 41, 43||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry
Specificity / Sensitivity
Cleaved Caspase-8 (Asp391) (18C8) Rabbit mAb detects human Caspase-8 when cleaved at Asp391 (isoform A, Asp374 on isoform B). This antibody will detect cleavage products containing the pro-domain with the p18 subunit as well as the p18 subunit alone.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues adjacent to Asp391 of human Caspase-8.
Western blot analysis of HeLa cells transfected with the death receptors Fas and DR5, or treated with cycloheximide (CHX) and TNF-alpha using Cleaved Caspase-8 (Asp391) (18C8) Rabbit mAb (upper), or total Caspase-8 (1C12) Mouse mAb (lower).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon (chronic inflammation) using Cleaved Caspase-8 (Asp391) (18C8) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded HeLa cells, untreated (left) or Cycloheximide and TNFα-treated (right), using Cleaved Caspase-8 (Asp391) (18C8) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma using Cleaved Caspase-8 (Asp391) (18C8) Rabbit mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of Jurkat cells, untreated (blue) or etoposide-treated (green), using Cleaved Caspase-8 (Asp391) (18C8) Rabbit mAb compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
Immunofluorescent staining of HeLa cells untreated or treated with cytotoxic anti-Fas Antibody, using Cleaved Caspase-8 (Asp391) (18C8) Rabbit mAb.
Apoptosis induced through the CD95 receptor (Fas/APO-1) and tumor necrosis factor receptor 1 (TNFR1) activates caspase-8 and leads to the release of the caspase-8 active fragments, p18 and p10 (1-3). Activated caspase-8 cleaves and activates downstream effector caspases such as caspase-1, -3, -6, and -7. Caspase-3 ultimately elicits the morphological hallmarks of apoptosis, including DNA fragmentation and cell shrinkage.
- Biton, S. and Ashkenazi, A. (2011) Cell 145, 92-103. Applications: Western Blotting.
- D'Agostino, L. and Giordano, A. (2011) Oncotarget 2, 1055-74. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Jane, E.P. et al. (2011) Mol Cancer Ther 10, 198-208. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Jinesh G, G. et al. (2012) J Leukoc Biol , . Applications: Western Blotting.
- Thome, C.H. et al. (2012) Mol Cell Proteomics , . Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9746 Caspase-8 (1C12) Mouse mAb
- 9748 Cleaved Caspase-8 (Asp384) (11G10) Mouse mAb
- 4927 Caspase-8 Antibody (Mouse Specific)
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 1011 Cleaved Caspase-8 (Asp391) Blocking Peptide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patents No. 5,675,063 and 7,429,487) from Epitomics, Inc.